or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

I would agree with parts of that. But as pmz has said, the $100 increase, if it happens, would likely be for the 5.5" model and the 4.7" model would maintain the current pricing structure.
That was a long time ago when they were still getting their footing on pricing and offerings. There was still really nothing else like them on the market at the time so they had some margin for making mistakes or experimenting with pricing and feature set. They don't have that same room to breathe anymore. 
No, I don't think that is the same comparison. The pretty well established pattern is that when a new model is introduced, the older model (or a version of it like the 5C) drops by $100. There is no precedent where the launch price of a new model is priced $100 higher than the launch price of the previous model, let alone a precedent of it being based on size.  Having said that, you are probably right about the price points. But if so, then I guess the sales pitch will...
I agree that they might. I just see that feeding in to the overpriced image of Apple because simply a larger display doesn't seem to justify a 50% price increase (on contract) generally. I guess if companies are still charging $100 for 16GB more storage, it could fly. Also, since when is bigger premium? Unless there are other differentiating features, are we really now saying that bigger for the sake of bigger is better?
The only time there was a generational size difference was going from the 4S to the 5...I don't recall the 5 going up by $100... Unless you mean once the 5 was released then the older and smaller models dropped in price, but that isn't really a relevant comparison, is it?
If there are two models, then I agree with you, that it is not out of bounds and should even be expected. But if there is only one new model, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But, even if there are two models, if the main differentiating factor is the screen size between the 4.7" and 5.5", a $100 differential is just going to play into the idea of being over priced, in light of other vendors having large size differences between their large phones and their phablets,...
The handwriting recognition is surprisingly good, from a few quick scribble tests anyway. Makes me miss my MP2100.
Well, if you view Santa as the creepy old guy that watches you through you window, yes, just like that.
Just saw SolipsismX's sig too as I am not here much any more. Joe was always thoughtful and intelligent in his posts. While we didn't always agree (almost never) he was a great member here. Sorry to hear this.
Awesome. So now Google will know when you leave home and arrive. They'll know approximately how active your household is based on motion sensor triggers. They'll know your waking and sleeping schedule. They'll know how often you accidently trigger the fire alarm when cooking.   None of which is all that scary on their own. But for any other company looking to get into the connected home/smart appliance space, this type of data and Nest's experience will give them a huge...