or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

Try visiting howardforums.com for more details. They are the largest mobile community boards and happen to be Canadian. They have sub forums for all of the Canadian and US carriers. If you post your questions in the Bell, Rogers, telus, etc boards, there are a lot of staff from those companies and customers, that will answer your questions in more detail. There is an iPhone specific sub forum for iPhone questions and the Rogers and Fido forums also have iPhone subforum for...
1) While generally true, Apple has been know to divert stock from other countries in order to meet US demand. The iPad launch in Canada being delayed is the most recent example. IIRC, the Canadian launch was pushed 2-3 weeks and the US demand was explicitly mentioned as the reason. 2) I don't recall Apple ever saying end of July. Just July was mentioned in the keynote. Their PR on their website only ever said 'Coming soon'. I could be mistaken in my recollection, but I...
Hmmm...maybe it isn't a language barrier. I think perhaps logic just isn't your forte. Unless of course you could explain how my native language affects my 'stories' of being a long time Apple fan. Are you really going to try to argue that an external antenna will not have superior reception to one inside the body of a phone? I would really be interested in your explanation. maybe you think cell phones used to have the on them outside for aesthetics, cuz boy they looked...
Sometimes difficult to parse your posts when they are more than a few lines. No your fault, I know english isn't your first language and that you are multi-lingual, just seems you rushed this one.tonton was simply, and accurately, pointing out that Apple has previously used their events to launch first party accessories, like cases/socks. He was correct. I actually agree with you that the bumper was created because Apple was aware of the issues caused by the antenna being...
It was at one of the Invitation Only events that Apple did around the time they started backing off of MacWorld. It wasn't WWDC or MacWorld or any other annual event. It was at a music event, back in '04, I think. It was the very first item the Steve announced at the event, which I think was centered around the U2 iPod announcement. tonton is absolutely correct, that Apple has previously released an "`unimportant' and seemingly cosmetic accessory" at a major event. It...
I think you are generally correct. But it isn't like the don't have antenna engineers now, or at least it isn't that they have just started looking. At the very worst, I saw Apple postings for Antenna Engineers that were posted Jan 2010. I think we can be pretty sure they had some prior to the original iPhone release. As for the QA, I don't think it is a matter of the catching it. I think it was an intentionally rigged algorithm. Nothing nefarious, just that (as...
Careful. Last time people started talking about alternative forums, we ended up with AppleNova and the Great Splintering. (or was it ai.org first?)RIP LoCash
That wasn't your original contention. It wasn't a matter of interpretation. You said:Now, in this post, you acknowledge it was real and not fake but try to cover up your error by saying it is a matter of interpretation. That is either dishonest or delusional.
Absolutely. Best of the bunch. They also said it was more prone to signal degradation with contact.
Probably. or was it intentional...