or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

Don't move the goal posts now. We were talking about people being 'hall monitors' with respect to the attitude towards jailbreakers in general. No, these people deplore people engaging in activities that might possibly be used for theft and therefore equate that everyone engages in those activities to thieves. You use the internet and iTunes, I guess. You must be a thief. Thieves use both of those.
You can opt out of iAd data collection, per app (can you opt out once you have granted permission?). Do you know with certainty that you can opt out of the OS data collection? To be fair, the article does mention that you can disable location services for third party apps. But, again, does this mean the OS will also stop collecting and reporting? I haven't heard, one way or the other, if Apple will allow us to totally opt out, so I am withholding judgement for now.
very few of those with the 'holier than thou' attitude here have apps that are being pirated. Some might. Most don't.
His using it in no way justifying how others use it. You use the internet. So do pedos. Doesn't mean you are 'justifying' their activities on the internet. I use iTunes to rip my CDs. Some pirates so as well. Doesn't mean my justifying my usage is also justifying theirs.
Except in this case, the OP, saarek, was in the right, both legally and morally. That is what made jragosta's repeated personal attacks on him so uncalled for that they go far into the bizarre. Even after he was repeatedly corrected, he kept up the name calling and confusion. He has seemingly finally jumped the shark and joined Hiro, et all in some bizarro world.
Thief.
Um, was weed on a big sale today? The person you are replying to, was the person you called a thief. Repeatedly. The $b in your faulty equation there, was the 3G iPad differential. he chose notto pay that since he was already paying for tethering on his 3G iPhone. You called him a thief. I see now that you were confused. Doesn't justify the personal attacks though.
Holy flashback batman. This is the same weak argument people used to say micros shouldn't be multitasking or that the MacOS should have stayed with cooperative MT.The fact is, even Apple doesn't market the iPhone as just a phone. It is a multitasking device by it's nature and is being used more and more as a PC replacement. It is a matter of finding the right fit of multitasking for a smaller, resource limited device.Apple called. The disagreed with you. Their argument was...
His plan does allow him to do what he is doing. His device, as shipped, does not.Absolutely, it is a great example of what you are talking about and just how wrong headed your thought process actually is.BTW, feeling entitled to something you are actually entitled to (and pay for) is pretty normal. Anarchist idea, I know.Again, you are right, some people do seem to be missing their own sense of right and wrong. It is pretty pathetic when they need to turn to a corporation...
What the fuck, man?!!? he pays for tethering, what hell is so hard for you to understand that? He didn't want to pay an extra $100 for the 3G iPad. His plan allows him to use his phone to provide an IP to other devices, not just his laptop and not excluding his iPad. So he jailbreaks so he can use his paid for tethering service to provide an IP to his iPad. he isn't a thief. You calling him, especially when it clearly isn't true should rightfully get you an infraction. If...