or Connect

Posts by Tulkas

Do you ever even read your own posts to see how little sense they make?Do you understand that the Apple Maps is a first party app on the iPhone and that google could no more access and update it than you could? Do you understand that the Apple iPhone Maps app is not meant to do real time, turn by turn navigation? Do you understand how stupid it is to then suggest it is google's fault for not updating the Apple iPhone Maps app to support turn by turn navigation? It is...
We aren't. Actually, we aren't even really disagreeing. Just some miscommunication.
Sanctioned monopolies are just an example of legal monopolies. Other monopolies are not in and of themselves illegal.
As you wrote, "It seems that certain monopolies are indeed per se illegal, depending upon other factors." As Milmoss has pointed out, that is the critical point.
I think it was my writing "While the language of the Sherman act seems to forbid monopolies of any kind, courts, including the US Supreme court, have interpreted it to mean coercive or abusive monopolies are illegal, but not monopolies in and of themselves." that caused the confusion.Which, on reading the language, it certainly gives the impression that monopolies are illegal. That's why I used "seems" and further stated that the courts have said this is not the correct...
Actually, other companies are allowed to collect and use user/device information (with consent). Only Google/AdMob is prohibited from doing so.
Huh? Isn't that what I said? Monopolies are not illegal. Abusive Monopolies are illegal.
Would you like to expand on some of the ways you think Android is technologically superior to iOS? And please stick to technological points. Don't bring in OS features that Android has exposed and iOS restricts. Those are not technological points but user experience. Don't say "because Android allows users to do this or that". Given us your thoughts on the technology that is superior in Android. For instance, is their memory management better? Is the networking layer more...
If governments allow (sanction) them, that by definition makes them legal. The government cannot allow/saction/sponsor illegal activities, because by their sanction they make them legal. You are correct, that a government could allow only monopolies with their sanction, so unsanctioned monopolies might still be illegal. But their sanction does mean some monopolies are legal (i.e. the logical opposite of "all monopolies are illegal). Governments and most economic theory...
Um no, they aren't. Not only are they not illegal, there are many example of government sanctioned monopolies. Abuse of monopoly position is illegal. Using a monopoly or dominant control of a market to hinder fair trade is illegal. But being a monopoly is not, itsel,f illegal. A government trade regulatory body may act to prevent a monopoly situation from arising, for example through a merger, but only if it is demonstrated that that circumstance would be a hinderance to...