or Connect

Posts by axual

IDC and Gartner need to spend less time their cubicles making predictions based on databases and more time talking to real people and walking into real stores.
Excellent ... of course there will be the proverbial rash of complainers ... but I don't care, nor does Apple who once again steps in and fixes a problem with an elegant solution that will improve the users experience.
Geez I wish AI and others would start using actual arithmetic (1st grade math). Stop using a number over 100%. You can't have more than 100% of something (unless you're NASA and your engine is rated at 1 million pounds of thrust and you push it to 104% of that rating) even if others are losing money. Stop it.
@brlawyer Quote "I have never seen anyone with a 5C - and I can assure you that the 5C will go down in history as one of Apple's major market failures ever." LOL. That for sure is one of the biggest posting failures ever.
BMW already does this with their audio (and I assume others do this too0, at least for broadcast stations. I never have to tune any stations as the system automatically finds all the stations for me and dynamically updates the list as I drive through them.
I would argue that very few companies can continue to operate not making money. Android may be winning the war, but will it will the battle? Tech journalists are historically fond of calling the demise of technologies and companies, but few get it right. We will see how all this plays out. I would also say that Google needs to be very careful. Microsoft demonstrably became the IBM of 1982 ... too fat, too slow, too much in its own way, and unable to innovate due to...
Unfortunately, we live in an instant news world, and that means instant opinions based on mostly nothing other than those who opine, feeling compelled to say something. It's also lazy reporting in some cases, with many making statements without so much as doing an ounce of actual journalism and research. Thurott is good example ... rather than saying 'let's see what happens', he simply reacted and without even touching the device. Some will blame Apple for the hype ......
Yes, Apple has really messed up ... as sales of millions upon millions of devices prove. Few people care about this.
MS has lost the tablet market. Though Surface has some nice features, hey are so far behind that I don't know how they expect to catch up. If you look at Zune and the Windows Phone, and now Surface, there is a pattern ... and that pattern is that they failed to produce something that people didn't think they needed. This is the brilliance of Apple product design and marketing that has buried Microsoft. And it's going to happen again ... predicting the Apple iWatch...
Tired of this. Vast resources are being wasted with all this legal wrangling on both sides.