or Connect

Posts by axual

Ebert writes "ItÂ’s stupid of insurance companies to insist on an inferior device costing 10 times as much." Of course it is ... and the government is much worse, paying far more for inexpensive items. On the other hand, Ebert makes enough money to afford the iPhone, so why should the insurance company pay for it in the first place? Oh, that's right ... he was paying premiums for years, like many others. Sometimes the simple approach is the best, and Ebert has for...
Steve B. - Microsoft needs to embrace the iPhone and iPod rather than mock it and treat it like dirt. Microsoft has failed with Zune and though they may try again with Zune II, the iPod and iTunes are the clear market leaders by a very large margin. Though MS has a large presence with Windows Mobile on other phones, consumers make the choice that is most desirable for them. The App Store has been used 1.8 billion times so far to download software applications to...
Perhaps we should also expect in depth research into the backgrounds and history of book authors and self proclaimed technology journalists ... you know, to make sure we have the whole story when reading their output on their targets of interest. I realize Apple is a public company, but then so are all these media companies.
Totally unrelated to what? My comment was responding to the last paragraph in the article.
The Google Voice rejection is most very likely an AT&T root cause. AT&T is still living and operating in the last century and has too much revenue and profit at stake to allow Google Voice over their network. This is precisely why Apple must offer a second or third carrier choice. However, Google Voice should be allowed to operate over the WIFI connection without limitation at the very least.
Well, now we know that the iSteve did not really have a liver transplant but has been working feverishly on this whole tablet thing to get it out by November in time for that iHoliday spirit. All the medical stuff has been a ruse to confuse the rumor makers ... or perhaps, wait, it's not a tablet after all but suite of new iOrgans including a new iLiver with synchronization to the iOrgans store (iSpleen and iPancreas coming soon).
Bing! You get what you pay for.
Perhaps I'm missing something, but what does Microsoft have to sell of value? Just wondering.
This proves the following: MS building stuff that doesn't work well = poor financial results Apple building great stuff = great financial results Steve Ballmer ... it's a VERY VERY SIMPLE EQUATION.
Microsoft and Ballmer have become caricatures of themselves; and if they are not careful, they will lose in a major major way. Ballmer forgets there are still millions of people out there like my mother who don't care how slick the Aero interface is or how innovative the browser can be. They just want their computers to work and not have to spend so much time patching, keeping up with security updates, trying figure out why their Hotmail works differently now than...