or Connect

Posts by joek

[quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U: After initally saying they would have aluminum backs instead of stainless steel, they now say the upcoming models will stay as they are currently. I would suspect lower prices and, of course, the fabled 40 Gig. Maybe MPEG 4?
So they make up a rumor about something happening... and then "Confirm" that nothing will change... think about that...
[quote]Originally posted by appdezine: I new people would think I was wrong. It is set on the default (highest) resolution. I have fooled around with the display settings. It's the anti-aliasing (font smoothing) that's the problem. It makes the type especially, appear blurry and the consistency of the letter forms changes as you change the point size.
System Preferences -> General -> Font Smoothing Style -> Medium (Best for Flat...
http://www.macrumors.com High End iMac $1799 17" Screen (no 19") 1GHz 4x DVD-R DDR RAM Bluetooth and Airport Extreme capabilities
[quote]Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch: Since the displays got this huge price reduction, imagine the iMac prices! Especially with the "very affordable" rumors there has been..
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/01/20030126000753.shtml According to MacRumors' sources... yes to pricedrops. it also says the top end iMac will be $1799. ...
[quote]Originally posted by JLL: FireWire 2.0 is certainly not a rumor: http://www.lacie.dk/news/news.cfm?id=D014264F-D6B7-11D6-981C0090278D3ED0
And Gigawire is NOT known to be Firewire 2
[quote]Originally posted by Amorph: Newtons used StrongARM processors. Palm is migrating to ARM processors (from Mot's 68K-derived DragonBall) now as well.
OffTopic, but of interest. The Newton used StrongARM processors - but it didn't really have to. All Newton Apps were written in NewtonScript which was a Bytecode language (like Java). It was all interpreted (so to speak) - so the Newton could have migrated to any processor and...
[quote]Originally posted by Amorph: Newtons used StrongARM processors. Palm is migrating to ARM processors (from Mot's 68K-derived DragonBall) now as well.
OffTopic, but of interest. The Newton used StrongARM processors - but it didn't really have to. All Newton Apps were written in NewtonScript which was a Bytecode language (like Java). It was all interpreted (so to speak) - so the Newton could have migrated to any processor and...
no... the reason for small hardware updates is that that's what is the norm. Every update people bitch about "oh this is just a small update to hold us over until the 'big one'". Wake up people. Small hardware updates are the routine... the "big one" is by far the exception.
I am still unable to find where it says "optional" I can find where it says in the Bluetooth manual "Your computer includes Bluetooth technology..."
[quote]Originally posted by Bodhi: Now that I have read the PDF it looks like this will [i] From the PDF: The radiated power of the OPTIONAL Apple Bluetooth module... [Hmmm]
Where is that exactly?