or Connect

Posts by oneaburns

This has also been one of the more difficult upgrades for me, which is disappointing for Apple and a 8 month old MacBook. When I first did the install it seemed to be great and Safari worked super fast. I turned it off that night b/c I was going to have it in my briefcase for awhile the next day. When I powered it back on is when the trouble started. I couldn't connect to any networks. IT came and tried to help but couldn't. All of my apps were super slow and usually...
I've always liked the "I'm a Mac" ads and Puddy is hilarious. He is good on "Rules of Engagment" too. I don't see how anyone could see them as demeaning to Windows users. The Mac is friendly to the PC while the PC continually tries to make the Mac look bad. I hate the new PC ads. They find shmucks who don't know what they're talking about. Yeah, a PC is cheaper, but they need to stop pretending it's as good as a Mac. Viruses - PC's get more far more viruses than...
I do not feel I am owed a job but I've worked hard and invested my own time and money to attain all the qualifications I have, which is why employers hire me. If they need me to stay late on a consistent basis then I need to be compensated for that time whether it be through a higher salary or overtime pay. As for self-employment, it's great when it works out but I've also seen self-employed individuals work extremely hard, put out a great service or product and then get...
Sadly, many employees are getting shafted because their employers improperly classify them as exempt when according to the Fair Labor Standards Act, they should be non-exempt. The criteria are lengthy but essentially, if you're not managing anyone and you don't have a professional degree or are a highly compensated employee ($100k+/yr) you should be considered non-exempt. There have been many successful lawsuits based around employers not classifying their employees...
I'm with you. To me, it makes no sense to put additional wear on my computer HDD while also using my AppleTV and wearing it down. Heck, if I didn't care about prematurely wearing out my MacBook I could just hook it up directly to my TV. I don't know if I'd ever want to completely delete my files from my laptop though since transferring it back over from the ATV to the computer is not possible...unless you know of some work around. As for my TimeCapsule...works fine. ...
The SEC? The same SEC that never caught on to Maddoff even though they had been warned on numerous occassions that he was committing fraud? I think they need to focus on the big stuff and not worry about this piddly stuff. It's not as if Apple is doing poorly b/c of Jobs health.
I have the aluminum 13" MacBook and 24" LED Cinema display now. I'm not sure if I need to upgrade to the MBP. If I did, it would really only be for the improvement of the screen (when it's not conected to my Cinema display) and the SD slot. Anyone have an idea of what these are being sold for? I'm at work so can't check ebay at the moment.
Haha, that was my first thought as well. But then I'd need an iSaber. (that was quite possibly the dorkiest thought I've ever had.)
Yes, it is. But the operating conditions in the real world are often outside the "safe" boundaries in the manual. Nevermind.
What are thoughts on acceptable operating conditions? Obviously, you don't want to leave your phone on the dashboard of your car. However, with both my 1st gen iPhone and now my 3GS, I have kept it with me in some hot conditions - inside my golf bag on a 90+ degree day for example, or when I go to the pool I'll bring a bag with me and leave it in there. I've never had any issues but do you think this could be a problem? I've done this with all phones I've ever had and...