or Connect

Posts by oneaburns

You have far too much time on your hands and a peculiar way in which you use it. Your retort is a little excessive and unnecessarily harsh (not that that's anything new.)
I don't get the hate for skeuomorphism. It makes things look nice and is intuitive. What's so horrible about having a gaming app look like a gaming table? I think it's just the new thing to hate on. It seems so cool to bash what's popular. Scott may have been an ass but he also helped design one of the best UI's ever. Hmm, what other brash but visionary personality was once kicked out of Apple? I hope Scott is brought back too. iOS 7 is a step back. It's plain, flat,...
This definitely falls under a great idea they didn't support. I used it several times. It was so easy and I heard the cards looked really nice. But Apple never updated the designs. Just the same boring ones they always had. My question is why? Was it not profitable? Card companies pay them off? ....Wait, does Hallmark have an app? One with hundreds of cards? Because that would be awesome.
 It irriates me to no end how much time and money the government has forced Apple to spend in defending itself from frivalous alligations that the public doesn't even care about. Top that off with the fact that the government is spending millions of our tax dollars to do it (or printing some more) and that they keep trying to chase away a succesful American company and it's no wonder that our government's approval rating is lower than it ever has been. Not sure what...
When I first saw it I wasn't impressed but I had only seen pictures and had yet to see any video. Once I saw video of it in use I was very impressed. I really do like it a lot. However, the video of the beta user I watched also had the following link: http://youtu.be/DM8NSSzxNGM I realize that it won't be popular but you have to admit there are very striking similarities. Now, I've not used a Windows Phone 8 so I don't know if it functions smoothly but strictly from...
Fair enough.  But I think we've all seen lots of vendors deny problems or blame them on the user.  Whether they didn't do that because the problem was too big or they just chose to do the ethical thing we'll never really know.  It would seem they have learned their lesson since the failure rate for all newer units (even before the new smaller version) was within acceptable tolerances.  Could they repeat the same mistake twice?  Sure, but I think it's pretty unlikely.  In...
  You are unreal.  It's called being objective. False concern?  What, do you want to see receipts for all the Apple devices in my signature?  Some pictures of me with them perhaps?  Is your level of paranoia really that high?  Over the years I've grown so tired of defending myself from you simply because I have the ability to give credit where it's due even when it's a competitor to Apple.  To say "Microsoft just killed their entire video game console industry" makes you...
That's BS and you know it.
SOME launch versions did. They took responsibility and fixed them all and extended the warranty. Subsequent units worked just fine. I've had two and never had the slightest issue with either. Lets just put this one to bed as it really doesn't need repeating.
  Your analysis of the video game industry couldn't be further from the truth.  You might want to do a little reading on the subject before spouting out this fiction. You're completely off on the size and makeup of video gamers.  Some of this is a little dated but you get the point:  http://www.theesa.com/facts/