or Connect

Posts by oneaburns

You're right Italiankid, I was being conservative on the estimate as to not anger anyone here. Federmoose...the feature differences aren't that great...in fact, in some areas, such as RAM, they are inferior. Yes, the OS is much better (which I don't think we need to differentiate from the UE since the OS controls the UE) but not THAT much better that we shouldn't expect the hardware to be reliable. What is wrong as a consumer to demand that a premium product deliver...
Agreed. If I'm paying $300 premium or so for a computer, I expect that its quality and lifespan should exceed that of the lesser priced competitors. In the rare case that it does not, the company should take care of it. Say what you will about Microsoft, but at least when there were problems with the 360 they extended the warranty for 3 years. This is obviously a manufacturing defect that Apple should cover for the life of the system. I hope Apple does the right thing...
Hahaha, excellent point.
My opinion? Nice, but overpriced. While the display is beautiful, as are the aesthetics, $900 is just too much of a price premium for the Apple name. Lower it to $600-700 and then we can talk.Did you really just say that? No offense, but your logic leaves a lot to be desired. By your rational, why have a built in CD/DVD drive when you could simply hook up an external via USB? If you have multiple cameras, as most professionals and many amateurs do, you don't want to...
Yeah, sorry I got a little off topic there...but you're right and I've been very pleased with the card so far. That's one reason I'm so big on getting a card reader in the new iMac...that would just be the icing on the cake of an otherwise great computer.
I hear that. As for the price on the 16GB SDHC card...got it at Amazon with free shipping.http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas...0504775&sr=8-1 or for other optionshttp://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...b+sdhc&x=0&y=0 But I guess I'll be getting a card reader so I can use it on my iMac \
...if it's just the iPhone. As long as Macs are never sold there I'm fine with it. Obviously, I'm not a big WalMart fan...I think places like Target do a much better job than WalMart. But there is obviously a large portion of consumers that like WalMart and to each his/her own. Maybe if enough of them buy an iPhone only to shockingly find that it doesn't have MMS they will join in the complaining and Cupertino will finally have some programmer spend a couple hours...
I agree, but as you pointed out, a firmware or driver update will take care of any new cards that come out. I remember when I had a Windows laptop and SDHC cards came out and it did not recognize it. I just updated the driver and viola. (Of course, being windows, I had to do some searching to find the driver but I found it eventually.) If the update to the iMac is purely an internal refreshening then I don't expect a change. BUT, if they change the case in any way...
But one of the things Apple is known for is its clean, sexy design...a card reader hanging from a usb slot isn't very clean or sexy IMHO. It just seems like it would be something so simple for Apple to add and at very minimal cost to them but great utility to the consumer. Apple is just funny that way. Of course, I'll still probably end up buying the new iMac if pricing doesn't change much. I'll just be slightly annoyed each time I try to upload photos and files.
No, that is an opinion In my opinion, the black frame is beautiful. It makes the pictures jump out at you and creates more depth to it. While it is just my opinion, clearly the movie and television industry and most consumers think black is the best choice to surround a screen. I don't see any HDTV's coming out these days with anything but a black frame. (Unless you count the TOC from Samsung.) Anything too colorful distracts from the picture being displayed. And...