or Connect

Posts by oneaburns

Agreed, they need to make up their mind.  I love my Apple TV and I love my XBox but they are such different devices.  If Apple TV allowed games to be played on it and they made a controller and all that other stuff but kept it to only being able to play little iOS games then I would see it eating up a lot of the Wii marketshare, but not XBox or Playstation.  XBox is a hardware powerhouse capable or running large, immersive and very detailed games.  A slightly modified...
  Thank you!  I couldn't agree more. It's lunacy.  I compare it to people's views on Lindsay Lohan.  The president of her fanclub probably says, " There is nothing wrong with her, she's the greatest actress ever and everyone that says otherwise is just a hater or troll!"  A family member that loves her says, "She has some issues she's working through but she is a great person and great actress and we're here to support her."  An ex-lover says, "She's the worst person in...
  Your user name is quite appropriate.     Two reasons: One, most people already know what features are missing and two, knowing he's likely to be he doesn't want to sound as if he's piling on. The man still loves Apple but it's a rational love unlike some around here.     He didn't specify iOS. I think most would agree that iOS is still far ahead of Android but not so much in the hardware realm.     Oh, gee...maybe because he's the co-founder of Apple?  I'd say his...
So about that IGZO display and Apple...
The most interesting thing here to me is the claimed power savings.  The more I use my iPad mini the more I've realized I prefer it in size and weight to the regular iPad.  The one thing that would make it better - and the next logical upgrade - is a retina display.  I don't know if that's possible right now because current battery technology would require a larger/heavier battery; eliminating one of the most appealing aspects of the mini. Perhaps the IGZO displays would...
Very interesting interview both for the news about the Mac line production in the US and his last statement about what Jobs said to Cook before his death. 
  Testimonies from repressed workers living in a society lacking basic freedoms like freedom of the press?  Sorry, but those testimonies don't pass the smell test.   "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"
  I think QC depends on the product. For electronics, the Chinese do a very good job as do Americans. I wouldn't really put one over the other.  As for your idea that QC might be superior in China it should be noted that many of their processes have American origins (TQM, Six Sigma, etc.)
  Enjoy the work they do?  Didn't know you spoke for the hundreds of thousands of Chinese workers there.  Are you in good with Brazilians too? How do they like it?  Tell me more! ;)
  From Apple's website: "Or add more memory to the 27-inch model yourself by popping open the easy-to-access memory panel on the back."   Yes, I'm aware you can remove the front panel on the 21.5" but that is not something most consumers are willing to tackle nor should they have to. And sure, Apple is in business to make money.  I work at a Fortune 50 company...I get it.  But I'm also responsible for balancing what we charge with the value we provide.  If we don't, our...