or Connect

Posts by macxpress

"Bring me my brown pants!" -CEO of Microsoft
 No, it needs a couple chamfered edges to make it an Apple design. 
 Please don't speak for Steve Jobs. Nobody knows what he would have done. Its not like he always made good moves either so don't act like he's god. 
 Why do we have to go through this tax subject every time something like this is posted? Just because its required by the state, doesn't mean people do it. NY asks you on the NYS income taxes too, but nobody in their right mind ever enters anything in. We always state we didn't purchase anything untaxed on the internet. 
Oh but I thought Apple's prices were keep Mac sales down because nobody can afford them? Hmm.....makes you want to rethink that IDC story from last week. 
 What company is putting out better products than Apple at the moment?
  So first you say its not faster, but then you say it is faster but ONLY twice as fast...so which is it? You need to get your story straight before you post. Considering processors haven't really gotten much powerful over the years (just more efficient) its rather impressive.  I don't care if the last gen Xserve had 8 cores (2xquad CPUs) and the new Mac Pro has 12 cores with 1 CPU. Considering they can fit a 12 core processor in a small design is very impressive along...
 Regardless, the 64 bit tests killed which if you're using a Mac Pro, it certainly does matter. If it didn't then there wouldn't have been the push to 64-bit. And don't BS me and say it was only for the 4GB barrier either. We should all know better.  I wasn't rude....if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. 
Ugh...I hate that Apple does this. I know it's great for consumers and I totally agree with it for them, but for enterprise folks like myself this turns into a nightmare. I wish there was the option to opt out based on serial #. Unless, someone can think of a good solution for doing mass deployment updates of flash. And no, not using flash isn't an option and Apple Remote Desktop sucks now and doesn't work worth a darn. They ruin that program with every update unfortunately.
 32-bit? Seriously? LOL!!!! Anyways, if you look at the score, the Mac Pro blows it away, even in 32-bit multicore. Longer bars are better son. Regardless, who cares about 32-bit performance when everything you want to do is 64-bit?  Apple can't cater to everyone and it knows more than you do, what its customers want. Just because it doesn't doing what you and/or your work place wants, doesn't mean they're not doing what customers want. I just love how just because you...