or Connect

Posts by macxpress

I wish Apple would release another Yosemite beta...this Safari issues in the first public beta are beyond annoying...especially the crashing when clicking on the Address Bar and sometimes Tab Bar.
It may be a desktop Mac, but its always gotten a mobile CPU. I can all but guarantee you that it will never have a desktop class CPU inside it. If you want more power, get an iMac.  I think you're better off just getting whats available for Mac mini servers right now. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed. 
Its more than that. All year long, Apple has been unable to update its products because Intel kept delaying the release of its new processors. It goes much further than Intel just not having enough chips.  How many people here do you read about them them whining that Apple never updates its Macs, or that it updates its Macs in late Fall all the time. This isn't necessarily Apple's fault. Nothing is ever available, new technologies keep getting pushed back more and more...
This! I think the next new thing from Apple in terms of notebooks will be a 12" MacBook, dropping the Air name. 
Exactly! Its gotta be pissing Apple off to no end (again!) that their product lineup is held up by a 3rd party (Intel). This alone will make them want to use their own hardware inside and out so they don't have to rely on a co-dependent. 
 Never gonna happen! As much as I want a Mac mini update, we all know Apple's obsessiveness with small, thin, quiet things. The Mac mini will be no exception. I'd all but guarantee if there will indeed be a Mac mini update it will be smaller, use even less power, and possibly be fanless. The only way to do this is to use something like a Broadwell based chip. As much as people are hoping for a smaller Mac Pro type Mac (headless Mac) I seriously doubt the Mac mini will be...
What we need...is a Mac mini based off of this. Yes...were still bitching about this in case anyone is wondering.
 As I've said in the past, Microsoft will end up doing this revolving door of CEO things because there's so much to fix and investors are impatient. Just look how long it took Apple to come back, even with Steve Jobs at the helm. It took a few blockbuster products (iPod/iPhone) to get Apple back on the map like they are today. So...I don't hear of any blockbuster products coming from Microsoft anytime soon. This would be a problem!
I dont really get why they're trying to compare this to the MBA other than they know they can't compete against the iPad Air. IMO, they can't compete against the MBA either with this. The Surface may be decent, but its not great and its expensive for what you get. Not to mention, it has Windows 8 on it. Ew!
 Its also insecure and as soon as iCloud goes down so does the ability to access all of your data. Which is why your solution isn't as great as it sounds.   Not if you're the one prompting the autofill. It doesn't just do it automatically.  I think you need to learn and understand how to use the program itself before knocking its features and capabilities.  Storing your passwords in an unencrypted file in the cloud is extremely insecure. Password or not, its not secure as...