or Connect

Posts by macxpress

I highly doubt this will happen. Some kind of split in the company will happen before this. We don't like when companies get this big.
Maybe if BestBuy didn't pester people while browsing the store then they'd do better. You can't walk 2 feet without someone saying "Can I help you with something?". Then when you do ask a question they don't know their @ss from a hole in the ground. Also, if they didn't con people into their stupid overpriced services they may do a little better as well. I cannot stand blacktie protection and the other crap they pull with people with their antivirus services, etc, etc....
I would still like to see an ethernet port on the MacBook Pro models. Things like FW, Ethernet, and maybe 1 extra USB port (and make it USB 3) would differentiate them from the Air models. WiFi, while nice isn't always a good option. Its not where near as fast as gigabit ethernet and wired is always more reliable than wireless. What I'm wondering is...will they just add a thunderbolt port and have a docking station type thing using the thunderbolt port...which can handle...
I'm guessing the only reason people show up to work there is they're being paid to look for work.
Its $50, not $100. I didn't think there was anything on the store that wasn't over $50. :P
Yeah exactly. Not all BestBuy stores stock Apple products. In fact very little of them do. To me it doesn't matter anyways. I'd much rather go into an Apple Retail Store instead. I hate BestBuy with a passion and their pushy salesmen who don't know $hit about computers and try to sell you gimmicks you don't need. I think BestBuy is just trying to cash in on high Apple sales, but once people see their local BestBuy doesn't stock Apple products it will fail except buying...
I updated to 10.7.2 and now iChat doesn't work for me. It keeps telling me iChat can't communicate with the account "AIM" Anyone else having issues with iChat? EDIT: Fixed it! You need to go into iChat Preferences, then Server Settings and uncheck the box next to Use SSL.
You can't buy it anyways so stop bitching about the damn matte display already! GOSH! This is for educational institutions only.
You could always get a used Mac. Nobody forces you to get a brand new Mac. Also, Apple may have some refurbished Macs. OR You could always get a good used Mac that supports 10.6 to use your PPC apps until you find some alternatives. Apple can't support old technology forever. Yes, sometimes this sucks but its what keeps Apple moving forward. I think this is what sets them above what Microsoft does in some ways. Microsoft always tries to support old technologies in with...
You don't necessarily have to.....