or Connect

Posts by macxpress

Jesus who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?   The issue is that they go down...a lot! A hell of a lot more than Amazon and Microsoft do. Its a good service when its up and running although slow at times. They just need to make it more powerful and reliable.
Delete me....double post
  Yeah I don't think so....
  I don't think its quite that ready as of yet. I still see bugs here and there that need to be fixed before it becomes GM status. 
Its news if you live in Brazil...
  Not quite. I wouldn't expect this lower cost iPhone to be made out of aluminum. That requires a lot of extra engineering for the antennas and things like that. Its more of an iPhone 4S with a plastic shell instead of an aluminum one, not really anything like the 3G/3GS.   And who said they were going to stop making the the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 once the new regular iPhone arrives?
Plastic is much easier to get the signal in and out of the phone without losing quality or the signal itself. It wouldn't necessarily require massive antenna testing and engineering like the most recent versions of the iPhone did. I would like to see colored anodized aluminum like the current iPod Touch however like I said I think that would be expensive. Its a little different creating an aluminum iPad, even with LTE vs an aluminum iPhone where you hold it differently,...
This is why you don't buy a 3rd party battery. Spend the extra $10 and get a genuine Apple battery.
I'm thinking GeekBench isn't optimized for a the architecture in the new Mac Pro.
  I'm sure the LASD is going to spend $30 million on iPads and not have a clue as to what they're going to do with them. /sarcasm   Usually if not always with major projects like this, there is some massive planning that goes on. Its not as simple as just hand out iPads and say here you go, now use them!    Apparently you haven't been in a classroom lately. Everything is going this way if it hasn't already. I work in IT and run the entire Mac Dept at my school and were...