or Connect

Posts by macxpress

Well obviously they aren't managed correctly then.... And maybe its time to get a Mac server. There are ways to get people to pay. Don't give students their report cards (they shouldn't be able to graduate/advance to the next grade without receiving them). Every parent/student should have signed a agreement so they know they're rights and most importantly, their responsibilities. It should have been outlined that broken screens, stolen laptops, etc are their...
Assuming you meant, try and turn the webcam OFF.... You can manage any apps that make use of the cameras with OS X Server. Student's wouldn't have rights to install apps. The fact that there is cameras on them actually make them useful for certain things. This is really a BS argument. Talk about scraping for misc scraps on the bottom of the barrel for an argument against this purchase.....
Apple so far has been absolutely great! They will even be sending a tech down to help us get everything setup. Were primarily a Windows centric school so these Macs will be integrating with Active Directory. Apple basically came to us earlier in the year and we had a meeting with the superintendent and our IT team about the probability of using Macs in a Windows environment, which obviously can be done fairly easily these days. Then Apple gave a presentation to the...
And I suppose you think computers are just used as toys and students just sit there and play Oregon Trail all day long. You have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about. You sound these these annoying parents that love to come to board of education meetings to bitch and complain about things you don't have any clue about, you just think you do. Most people have no clue what its like to run a school district....I work in a school district and we've seen computers...
I work for a school in upstate NY and were about to get 75 Macs this summer (replacing PCs) and Apple discounted the educational price of the Macs we ordered. Those Macs are the white MacBooks upgraded to 4GB of RAM, and the 2.66 GHz 20" iMac upgraded with 4GB of RAM. They took anywhere from an extra $130-160 off the already educational institution discount. So yes, Apple is willing to work with people to get them a good deal.I'm unable to give you the exact prices...
I thought QuickTime had a new icon? It shows in your dock as the current icon. Maybe this will be fixed in a later build?
Well to my knowledge, all new coding is done (feature complete). So if there's a feature that isn't in there, its not going to be in there. If there's something that isn't 64-bit yet, then its not going to be when its released. From what I've seen in the past, a 2-3 month bug squash is pretty normal before a major OS release. Considering they do this for dot dot updates too, its amazing its not longer. If its something like iTunes, that can be released at any time. Thats...
Maybe someone pissed in his wheaties.....
Man... So Apple fixes the 13" MB and gives it FW and lowers the price... The MacBook Air is faster and cheaper.... They fix the SATA issue on the MBP's.... I guess the only thing left to bitch about are glossy screens!
As an owner of a new iPhone 3GS I would like to sell my old iPhone 2G, but I have a question. It was originally a pay as you go plan which has been canceled. The minutes don't expire until July 8th. My question is, should I ship the phone with the SIM card? The phone will probably sell before July 8th so that is the reason I'm asking. I assume the new owner could go to an AT&T store and get a new SIM card and then activate the phone? Am I totally off?