or Connect

Posts by macxpress

Plastic is much easier to get the signal in and out of the phone without losing quality or the signal itself. It wouldn't necessarily require massive antenna testing and engineering like the most recent versions of the iPhone did. I would like to see colored anodized aluminum like the current iPod Touch however like I said I think that would be expensive. Its a little different creating an aluminum iPad, even with LTE vs an aluminum iPhone where you hold it differently,...
This is why you don't buy a 3rd party battery. Spend the extra $10 and get a genuine Apple battery.
I'm thinking GeekBench isn't optimized for a the architecture in the new Mac Pro.
  I'm sure the LASD is going to spend $30 million on iPads and not have a clue as to what they're going to do with them. /sarcasm   Usually if not always with major projects like this, there is some massive planning that goes on. Its not as simple as just hand out iPads and say here you go, now use them!    Apparently you haven't been in a classroom lately. Everything is going this way if it hasn't already. I work in IT and run the entire Mac Dept at my school and were...
Would be great if they would just try to do nationwide coverage. I'd rather pay more for better service. I can't even get 3G coverage here on Sprint and most of the time I'd be roaming. 
Microsoft does not have the ecosystem Apple does. This is why everyone else fails. Plain and simple...Microsoft is relying on running desktop apps on a tablet which is not working as you can see. Unless there's this new and amazing set of apps for Windows 8 then I seriously doubt Microsoft will ever be even remotely successful in the tablet space.
I think you've hit it...Apple has the iOS ecosystem and Microsoft doesn't and never will. They're too late to the party and will never catch up no matter what they do in this space. They'd be better off trying to find the next big thing past a tablet and start working on it for a few years rather than following suit with everyone else trying to beat Apple at its own game.
Doesn't really matter if kids know the difference. What matters is if the people making the decisions to buy XYZ product know the difference. Even then, sometimes they see its cheaper to go that route even though it may cost them more in the long run for various reasons. Kids use what they're told to use. Its not like they'll throw a fit like a 2yr old. It also matters if the teacher wants to use the technology. A lot of time they're forced to in some way, shape, or form...
I think what would be the nail in the coffin for Microsoft is if Apple offers iWork for the cloud free, if not free for everyone, free for educational institutions. If Apple can offer a free solution that works in the cloud, that also opens and writes to MS Office file formats Apple has a killer suite. iWork does everything 99% of what students and teachers need. My school was continuously waiting on an iOS version of MS Office. I think I'm just going to suggest they start...
To answer your question...not always. Sometimes tech decisions are made by people who don't know the you know what from a hole in the ground about technology. They see its from Microsoft and runs Windows and will buy a bunch of them. And, its cheaper! You'd be surprised the decisions that are made without asking either the Tech Directory and/or the IT department. I work in a school and see this all the time. Luckily, I've very vocal about what technology goes in to the...