or Connect

Posts by macxpress

Exactly. The day Apple simply goes for profits (when the bean counters come in) is the day you should sell off all of your Apple stock. Profits come with Apple selling to the high-end market using quality parts and amazing software that people want. If you make something thats very profitable, but people don't want it because its a POS then its really not all that profitable. Just go ask Dell this...
  I agree with that...I was thinking like the iMacs and external displays for 16x9. 
 I've always been a fan of 16x9 displays. I never really like the fact that Apple used 16x10, especially now days when everything seems to be 16x9. 
 Doesn't the Mac Pro kinda act like this? Its not incredibly un-Applelike. Also, who said it would need a million cables??? 2-3 cables is too many? ​The only cables I think you'd need is power, HDMI, and maybe network if you don't do wireless networking. Why would you need anything else?
 This is exactly why I think they'd be better off doing a simple box with something like an A6 or A7 in it with amazing software running it. Can the A7 's graphics push out 4K without choking???
 I too think they'd have to do a BTO option for now until 4K panel prices come down. Then down the road when prices do fall they can have another event with the iMac with updated specs and claim victory again saying its now standard across the lineup. Like CanukStorm said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the panel offerings of today. They're awesome panels in both 21.5 and 27".  I do wonder if they did go 4K across the line if they'd keep using the 21.5" display, or...
 Yes I thought it was silly for Apple to release its own TV set rather than just a simple box that can do everything with people's existing TV's. This would get the AppleTV box into more hands because you're only buying a box which will be a hell of a lot cheaper than some $2000-$3000 smart TV. 
 I'm just wondering how they'll be able to do this without making the iMac cost $2800-$3000 or something like that. I imagine a 27" 4K panel isn't cheap. Yes, you can buy cheap 4K displays from places like Dell, but Apple doesn't exactly use bottom of the line parts.  Also, while it might be cool and everything, really for the average consumer, what benefit would it really bring other than more crisp icons and text? The only real thing I can think of is someone who is...
 This is kind of that I was thinking too. 
 I think you're right, but I still think they're getting this ready to possibly release a new product (or update an existing one). Seems weird they'd solely focus an update on simply graphics and audio mostly.