or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

And CurrentC was sitting in the corner comparing themselves to the iPhone.
Satya is really delivering on his "mobile first, cloud first" initiative. Now also with unlimited! storage space for Office 365 subscribers. I'm not sure if these are last gasps of a goliath heading towards irrelevance or a sleeping giant finally out of its fog. I think it's much more of the latter. [ducks out of the way for all the stuff being thrown at me by the MS haters] Edit: grammar
 We're both speculating here but all I can say is that it's appeared on his watch while there's been stonewalling during the previous regime. I don't know why MS Office had to appear so ugly on the Mac and out of sync. That this release looks very similar to the Windows version and has some previously Windows-only features means something new is afoot.  Since he came on board it's become an engineering-based company as opposed to sales-driven. Cortana and all that Windows...
Thank you Satya. I assume years of nonsense tension are easing away. Ballmer was so stubborn in not supporting Macs and iOS and it’s really refreshing to see this from Microsoft finally.   I hope that they finally do make the platforms look somewhat alike after a history of curious UI divergence in MS Office. Ahem, please don’t bother with IE though!
There's a lot that is similar and it seems like things are approaching commodity status. Spotify has a developer community and lots of plug-ins that iTunes does or could arguably replicate. They did launch much sooner and maybe a lot of music lovers are there already who will stay for lots of reasons. I like that when you dig into an artist's catalog you can now buy merch like t-shirts and stuff. Really, that's a really cool addition.    On the other hand Beats has the...
Would be really interesting to see the model breakdown. I bet MBA or MBP kicks the pants off any particular model of Dell or HP.
What? No problem for me. iOS 8 then 8.0.2 with Panasonic in the car was fine. (I never installed 8.0.1.) Why is this about auto bluetooth? It's no different than any other bluetooth implementation is it? Something is missing from this article. Maybe this report is based on just a bit of anecdote. This is how rumors get started. Need someone to drop some science on this problem.
 Yeah. And keep firing him until the phones don't bend any more! And the US gets a single payer health care system. And until my wife comes back with the kids.
 NM. I just went and those are there now.
I just installed iOS 8 and went to look for the new keyboards. Searching for "Swype" or "Swype Nuance" and Swift or "SwiftKey" or "SwiftKey Keyboard" is not helpful. The result is for items that aren't made by Nuance or SwiftKey. That's bad news and is going to give the legit keyboards a bad reputation.