or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

I'm sure Apple would like to find a few more juries to do Samsung more favors like that. :)  Seriously though, if you look at the history, you'll see that Apple approached Samsung years ago. Samsung had a different view and the two companies decided to hash it out in court.   I won't comment on whether "Asia counties are a hot bed of creativity and individuality" but they had and continue to have every opportunity to to show it.
No mention of addressing the speculative battery issues makes me wonder if that was an issue after all. (There may well have been people experiencing some issues but it may have been indirectly related.) Also, a notably short list of fixes. It sounds like they just about nailed it on the initial release.
And I know people here love to hate on DigiTimes but if you're going to be following the tech industry and Apple, especially, you're going to want to follow as many sources as you can. This is the trade newspaper for suppliers and manufacturers based in Taiwan and working/assembling in China.   Their news is just that - news. A reporter reporting on news. There is spin and speculation and all sorts of stuff read into their stories. Honhai revenue up 5% this quarter....
Today I learned that "out of the Far East" means Digitimes. I've just learned to laugh when I read that phrase here at AI.
You click it and it launches Fusion, loads Windows and then starts IE. Leaving it in the dock makes it easier than doing those steps manually.
  There's no successor name to Metro. Any recent reviews that mentions that UI is still referring to Metro. The-UI-formerly-known-as-Metro hasn't caught on and I hope doesn't.
I don't know anything about financial analysis but even I know AAPL deserves a LOT more than 23 cents in the Fudge Factor category. I mean it went DOWN .2% (???!).  
I think ATT and Verizon's plans are diabolical. These shared plans are almost insultingly expensive. I know they have to get money to build an infrastructure that has insatiable demands but, wow. I wish there was some way to pool resources so that they weren't all building their own infrastructure. And to not allow FaceTime on it. The very occasional FaceTime user isn't what's using up the bandwidth.   But on that note, c'mon over to Sprint, folks. I love their rates...
That's really odd. If you're happy to buy from them you might just borrow someone else's computer for a few minutes. Or try at home. Or use a smartphone or even call on the phone. Of course, if you've bought from Apple already then MacMall's offer is too late for you but good for Apple (and you, you lucky dog).   Wish I could afford. Even with this additional discoun,t which works out to about 4%, it'll continue to be just an aspiration for me. On the other hand, I...
  As I understand it from reading other articles (not AI) copying is not illegal in some cases such as when you improve upon the previous. You've made something new but the original designer/manufacturer/etc can argue that it (fairly or unfairly) takes the original as the basis. Samsung and Apple both agree that there are two issues here, one influencing the other. Did they copy and did they infringe? Impressing this on the jury influences the juries views of the second...