or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

C'mon, Apple, please bring out your best. I've used Safari very little since Chrome came out for iOS. The Gmail app is really sophisticated and makes the Mail app in iOS look as aged as a POP3 client. I miss the ease of managing podcasts with native apps. I appreciate Cards, Notes, Voice Memos but I really don't use those. My most-used native apps are Photos and Calendar but there are some attractive competitors. The competitors, cough, Google, has put out some really...
How on earth does someone spend 1 billion and think they can get away with it. I understand a few more shares. Maybe even pushing 10% more. But a factor of 1000x? That can't possibly... Wow.
+ warranty, support, keyboard?
In other news, Purported iPad mini expected to run iOS. But seriously, I would assume that the "mini" would take design cues from the original rather than be a leader in aspect ratio changes.
Carbon Fiber, imma let you finish but liquid metal...   Haven't heard any news or rumors of that material in a while. :(
The overlay that Apple used for Google Maps was nice, it was a bummer not to have Turn-by-Turn as I did when I had an Android device but now that iOS 6 has it integrated I'm ready to really use it. It's always interesting to learn more about the situation but I'm glad we're pressing on. The Maps app does need improvement but, wow, the first iteration is already fantastic and I'm sure that Apple is going to do good things now that they have full control over it.
Ion blasting? Wow. Astonishing tear down.
  That would be interesting. Any source? I've read the opposite. 
  Oh, that's not news to me. They've also licensed data from Tom Tom (who is distancing themselves from this debacle). The way I see it, this is Apple's app and is at version 1. I'm very impressed with this initial release but it clearly has a lot of room for improvement.
Or economics. I wonder how much Apple has had to pay Google for these last five years of lookups. It's interesting to me that they never tried to allow turn-by-turn from Google. I assume this is a decision made years ago and someone had to make the call to dump Google Maps and go with this built-in approach. Google has had a serious head start but at some point Apple had to introduce this. It may have been messy to do this later. I can't imagine this will be "fixed",...