or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

Carbon Fiber, imma let you finish but liquid metal...   Haven't heard any news or rumors of that material in a while. :(
The overlay that Apple used for Google Maps was nice, it was a bummer not to have Turn-by-Turn as I did when I had an Android device but now that iOS 6 has it integrated I'm ready to really use it. It's always interesting to learn more about the situation but I'm glad we're pressing on. The Maps app does need improvement but, wow, the first iteration is already fantastic and I'm sure that Apple is going to do good things now that they have full control over it.
Ion blasting? Wow. Astonishing tear down.
  That would be interesting. Any source? I've read the opposite. 
  Oh, that's not news to me. They've also licensed data from Tom Tom (who is distancing themselves from this debacle). The way I see it, this is Apple's app and is at version 1. I'm very impressed with this initial release but it clearly has a lot of room for improvement.
Or economics. I wonder how much Apple has had to pay Google for these last five years of lookups. It's interesting to me that they never tried to allow turn-by-turn from Google. I assume this is a decision made years ago and someone had to make the call to dump Google Maps and go with this built-in approach. Google has had a serious head start but at some point Apple had to introduce this. It may have been messy to do this later. I can't imagine this will be "fixed",...
The leaks are inevitable. Makes me miss Jobs. Apple products are great no matter what but the mystery around the launches really made them fun and special. Very odd to admit but I'm going to miss that if they can't get a handle on these leaks. I seem to remember Jobs had severe consequences for leakers but from the complete lack of surprises with iPhone 5 I have to believe it's getting harder and harder to keep a leash on vendors, partners, collaborators. (The only real...
0_o  Not quite sure if this is a troll comment. What you're saying is that Apple should geo-locate IPs to help with staggering the order times? I anticipate that trying to handle that would lead to a lot of complaints. (Or do you have a proposal for how this might be handled?)
  Seriously. Can't wait for that.
AI has no Live Blog this time?  :(