or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

AI has no Live Blog this time?  :(
Noreen Krall, Sun's former chief counsel, is now Senior Director of IP Law and Litigation at Apple Inc. In the past, she worked as Staff Attorney, IP Law at IBM and Associate Attorney, IP Law at Beaton and Folsom, LLP. Noreen Krall’s specialties are IP, Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Licensing, Litigation, Open Source, and Standard Setting Organizations.   April 8, 2010 at http://news.softpedia.com/news/Apple-Hires-Expert-in-Patent-Fights-139390.shtml
History changing stuff. I'm glad she's getting her name out there for all the hard work she's doing. And she sounds like a great boss to work for in thanking her workers before the outcome is known.   [Nice comments only please. Real men treat women with dignity and respect. Contrast comments here with profiles on Craig Federighi & Dan Riccio.]
"Imminent." He's stirring the masses to a feverish pitch with this talk. Citing information derived from Apple's online store doesn't add any more evidence.   I'm breathlessly waiting with card in hand ("SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!") but this is just cruel to say that this is news.
Kindle Paperwhite? Seems like they're inviting a not-so-friendly nickname...
For once politics isn't the source of this joke. (Except, of course, that it wouldn't be funny if it didn't have that primary meaning as related to political preference or views. Is it still funny if you have to explain it? We need a joke during this campaign season of madness. For that, Harbinger, you get a thumbs up. But only because there's no thumbs sideways.)
As fast as this is growing, the going continues to look strong - new products, potential for royalties, clearer picture (for now) of the competitive threat for, let's just call it, appropriated technologies from competitors. Just amazing. Anyone who says "I wish I bought when..." today will still be saying that in a year.
  I'm sure Apple would like to find a few more juries to do Samsung more favors like that. :)  Seriously though, if you look at the history, you'll see that Apple approached Samsung years ago. Samsung had a different view and the two companies decided to hash it out in court.   I won't comment on whether "Asia counties are a hot bed of creativity and individuality" but they had and continue to have every opportunity to to show it.
No mention of addressing the speculative battery issues makes me wonder if that was an issue after all. (There may well have been people experiencing some issues but it may have been indirectly related.) Also, a notably short list of fixes. It sounds like they just about nailed it on the initial release.
And I know people here love to hate on DigiTimes but if you're going to be following the tech industry and Apple, especially, you're going to want to follow as many sources as you can. This is the trade newspaper for suppliers and manufacturers based in Taiwan and working/assembling in China.   Their news is just that - news. A reporter reporting on news. There is spin and speculation and all sorts of stuff read into their stories. Honhai revenue up 5% this quarter....