or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

TIL that Far East means "Korean language publication ETNews".
 It's nice to have an illustration of the problem. This story happens to be about a supplier to Apple. I don't think anyone's singling out Apple or the consumer electronics industry.
I remember people saying how great computers were because they cut down on paper waste. Of course, realizing that the environmental impact of even creating the computer is devastating but then relying on more environmental impact to run it. (Delivering the product to your store or your door and disposal are additional issues worldwide.)  I'm glad I don't hear that hogwash any more.   I'm glad for stories that get below the surface. It's complex, of course. We can make a...
Ugh. So addicting. I played Tiny Tower for way too long. Cheats make it fun with less agony of waiting.
"then kicks the living $#&% out of it." Yech. Certainly not as poetic as "here's to the crazy ones."
 64 bits is a good balance. If the iPad Air had a 65 or 66-bit processor it would add even more weight. I'm glad they didn't include the any large graphics files either. Once you load a couple books on the Kindle, wow man, sack of rocks. Let's do a real comparison here.
I have some in-laws who have barely moved their icons around. They love their iPhones and PhotoStream, FaceTime, browsing, calling of course, customizing their wallpaper. They love their 4s phones and share an iPad but they're wary of updating cuz, well, iOS 6 works just fine. And it does. I may tell them about automatic app updates, new sounds, Control Center at some point and I'm sure they'll be happy to update then.
I had not expected that Apple would give away iWork. Guess they're not getting enough traction on selling it. I see it in iCloud and haven't given it much of a spin yet. But it makes sense. Now is a good opportunity to take advantage of Microsoft's lumbering steps into the tablet world that already exists. It just showcases how far ahead the iOS ecosystem remains. Microsoft Office isn't dominant because it's the best. It's because they're great at licensing and catering...
Sounds like this is more important politically than for Apple or Samsung's bottom line. Some cheers from this side saying that justice prevails and some jeers from that side saying that the treatment is unfair. Personally I'm glad that this drama doesn't tip the sides too much.
Shrine of Apple. 0_0  Bravo, sir.