or Connect

Posts by ddawson100

Nice move Microsoft. It's convoluted but I bet those in the executive conference rooms in Redmond are jumping up and down. Free is compelling. It's probably not too hard to convince others in a cash-strapped school to participate. Beats selling more gift wrap or raising tuition. On the other hand, is it clearing of inventory before v2 of the Surface RT? Is this disposal? Even if people participate, if all they get is the last gen model or the apps for RT never really...
  I am talking about the court strategy in general but yeah, both of these issues in particular. It wouldn't be moot entirely would they? I don't know how it works but I assume that even if the models in question aren't sold any longer, they would still be fair game in eventually determining fees. That seems fair although I have no idea how the law works in this case.
If by cash you mean international commerce I get it but there's no evidence anyone has lobbed cash toward any leader. I'm seeing this more like an adult stepping into the room to stop the fight.   Hopefully we'll get some signs that the squabble will be over soon. I know there will be animosity and grudges for a while to come but let's let the fighting end.
Things are going to get more interesting for a little while. I admit no knowledge of the legal issues on both sides but I have learned a lot. Still, it's awfully frustrating to hear so much news about the battle for supremacy in international courts instead of just about the amazing products that both are developing. I wonder what choice Sammie has for next moves.
How do we know these aren't for iPods? I bet this was mentioned before but I can't remember.
Oops - that's what I meant. Could have looked at my iPhone before typing that.  But you knew what I meant. Pics are from a prototype for a knock off would be my guess.
Can't be actual products. They don't say "Made in California".
Mail evolves. That's nice. The current mailbox app feels like a dated POP client. I'm glad the current one has the swipe to delete but it needs more. Other nice features might be Open In -> Calendar or Notes or something. Right now if I want a message to interact with another app I have to copy the text but that leaves out sender info and other helpful context.
This is Microsoft's game to lose. They do have a compelling ecosystem, have great support, and develop good programs to train armies of support techs/engineers. They stumble but recover. Their migration to Office 365 and Azure are widely praised.    Few individuals have to buy Windows directly and most will just use what comes on their new PCs or what the IT department gives them. (Even if they bring their own they're likely logging onto a Windows network or...