or Connect

Posts by jdhayes117

Three requests: 1) Please, a universal version! Soonest. 2) Give us the option to exclude push notifications about the on-going legal wranglings. I'm so sick of them I could scream! 3) Paid, ad free version.
I'm curious about everyone's opinion on the following... I currently have an iPad 1 and am waiting on an iPhone 4S. I've currently got an iPhone 4 which will go to my wife (not especially tech savvy so she doesn't care...). I'm looking for two things before I upgrade to a future generation of devices: 1. LTE. I don't intend to buy a follow-on to either of my current devices until they have LTE. 2. The rumored hi-rez iPad display. Overall, I'm very happy with my...
I was being facetious. 4 million in the first weekend is outstanding. I suspect getting Siri ready for her debut was the reason for the delay (if it was a delay). Regardless, the outcome is good because it meant lots of phones available at the sales kickoff. And I only own 10,000 shares in my dreams. I used to be a stock holder but sold when it looked like Apple was going down the tubes. Unfortunately, while my hindsight is 20/20, my foresight could use some Coke-bottle...
This just proves all the doom and gloom tech prophets right...abject failure! Only 4 million sold in the first 72 hours! What a disaster. Fire Tim Cook immediately and bring back Gil Amelio. I'm selling all my 10,000 shares of Apple immediately and putting a brown paper shopping bag over my head in shame. Bwahahaha!
Maybe we should start a "spotters" club, similar to bird or aircraft watchers. We could report when we spot an elusive touchpad in the wild. Report the usage habits of the wild "Tab". Claim glory by spotting the first wild Win8 tablet! (Personally, I believe they only exist in myth and legend...) Thoughts?
I live in an upper middle class area in SE Virginia. I see a lot of tablets in use. I have yet to see a single non-iPad. As an iPad user myself, I'm fairly sensitive to what others might be carrying, particularly since I'm curious to see how the other half (...5%) live. Never seen a single one. Must be one heckuva lot of shelf space being wasted somewhere!
Retina display, as Apple is using it, is a marketing term. It is intended to convey the idea that the resolution is so great that you can no longer see the pixels...and therefore everything looks sharper and/or, images contain a lot more "definable" detail for a given screen size. Those of you quibbling over the National Institute of Standards (or whatever) official definition of "retina display" are missing the point. At some distance, every display becomes a retina...
Potato vs potahtoe. To me, it's all about data collection. The fact remains that Apple's business is hardware, not information, and they want to sell me computers so they can separate me from my hard earned coin. google's business is information and instead of my coin, they want my bona fides so they can sell advertising...directly, indirectly, upside down or backwards. The more complete my information portfolio, the more valuable to them, hence all the "free" tools.
I believe there's a distinct difference. They are sharing the info for one of 2 reasons enumerated: 1) So that ATT or Verizon can provide you service, 2) so that Apple can improve its own products, services and advertising...NOT for third party marketing. Conversely, the reason google exists is to share information (again, directly with your permission or otherwise in aggregate) for third party marketing. Apple gathers and shares your information to make their products...
I know full well the meaning of FUD. I also appreciate prudent realism. If you will read my earlier post, you will see that I acknowledge that Google asks for your permission. My question back to you, how many people do you really know, outside of a tech savvy community or those directly concerned with internet privacy, really read the myriad privacy notices and end user licenses they are bombarded with...many of which are in legalese and therefore, nearly indecipherable...