or Connect

Posts by KevinN206

I believe they combined the QuickLaunch (available since Windows 95) into the new taskbar so that the items act as a launcher and windows switching. They had something similar from Windows 1.0. The behaviors of the new Taskbar is different from that of the Dock. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Dock is used to manage applications with Expose used for managing windows. Whereas, the new Taskbar in Windows 7 is still used to launch applications and manage...
A lot of the foundation was already rewritten with Vista: audio stack, networking stack, video model, drivers in user-land rather than kernel, etc. So in a sense, Windows 7 is a polished and improved version of Vista. Windows 7 main focus now is performance and stability with a few additional features. Because Windows has been fully 64-bit since XP 64-bit, they don't have to focus in this area. Fully 64-bit means a 64-bit kernel that requires 64-bit drivers.Basically,...
Your understanding is correct, but a slight clarification is needed: Windows XP/Vista/7 64-bit can run both 32-bit and 64-bit applications concurrently. But like Snow Leopard when released, all drivers must be 64-bit since the kernel is 64-bit. An important question is whether Apple will have enough 64-bit drivers support from third-party vendors and for its line of hardware. Windows 32-bit can only run 32-bit applications (and 16-bit applications using emulation).