or Connect

Posts by KevinN206

It's not IE 9 fault. The guy uses webkit specific (-webkit-) properties for CSS3. Chrome and Safri works properly, but only because they're based on webkit. Firefox and IE9 don't render it properly, because those browsers don't use the webkit specific properties. Microsoft took a stance on CSS3 and decided not to use engine specific extensions. It's like running an OS X application on Windows; you can't. Same thing here. You can read the discussion here:...
The fact that you've to do this is a design flaw. Say you've a 3GS and a 4G phone, and you hold both in the same way.3GS = no drop calls, no drop data4G = drop calls, slow data (or no data)How would you characterize this? What if you accidentally bridge the 2 antennas and your call/data drops? Holding it "differently" isn't difficult, but the fact that you've to hold it "differently" for the 4G to work work is a design flaw whereas the 3GS is chugging along merrily. And...
Do you touch the antenna while driving? (you can't) Can you bridge the iPhone 4 two antennas while holding it normally with your left hand? (you can)
Where did you get that info in the article, just curious? The entire development is done in Visual Studio 2010 + Silverlight 4.0 + XNA 4.0.http://www.microsoft.com/express/phone/
Trust me when I say this, but you know next to nothing of the NT Kernel. Unless you have seen the source code with an NDA, you would never know that the NT Kernel is a very very elegant, simple, and powerful solution. The issues that you have with Windows is not the NT Kernel, it's the user-level architecture and possibly Win32. The NT Kernel enables some very advanced graphics capability that Snow Leopard still can't match.
This testing is very very flawed, since the tester has no understanding of how UAC works or the general security model of administrative privilege and per-user privilege. You would think that someone who works for an antivirus software company would understand UAC in-and-out. I will explain this tomorrow unless someone can do it for me. They could have saved themselves the hassle and just ran Notepad.exe or Firefox.exe and called them viruses.
Right, and in order to run OS X on the state-of-the-art computer, you would need a Mac Pro. I don't understand why people keep comparing the cost of Windows vs. OS X. Microsoft makes software and Apple makes hardware where OS X is really a freebie. Microsoft has different versions of Windows just like Apple has different line-up of Mac. This is very basic economy - features segmentation for the targetted market.
I thought Microsoft already has the following even before Snow Leopard and possibly Leopard starting with Windows Vista:? Unfortunately, Microsoft is very very BAD at marketing and Apple is a master. 1. Ability to switch graphic cards on the fly without logging off 2. Ability to use homogeneous (Windows Vista/7) and heterogeneous (Windows 7 only) graphic cards 3. Concurrency Runtime for .NET 2.0 4. Native concurrency runtime for C++ 5. Closure (block) for .NET and C++ 6....
Why not just exchange for a different one? It is not normal for you to see all that problems. Maybe it's a hardware fault? Seriously, exchange it, and then give it another try.
Did you download a leaked beta or rc that was not downloaded directly from MS servers? There were many torrents with trojan included into the downloads. Viruses and trojans don't just magically appear, at least not with Vista and Windows 7. Chances are, you chose to install something that had a virus/trojan included. In that case, what OS can protect you? Likewise, false positive have been known to happen. Remember those people who downloaded iWork with trojan hidden?...