or Connect

Posts by KevinN206

What was shitty about the process of moving files around? I am interested in knowing why rather than that it was "shitty" without any explanation.
Windows has been fully 64-bit since Windows XP 64-bit. If anything, SL is behind Windows in terms of going fully 64-bit. Windows 7 will have DirectX 11 with Compute Shader, which does highly parallel calculations on the GPU. The graphics subsystem is much more robust allowing hybrid GPU from different vendors say ATI and NVIDIA, the ability to switch GPU on the fly without logging off since Windows Vista (something Leopard can't do), etc...
A lot of this oversimplified, but I think this is the a quick & dirty summary. Note that this is for drive-by downloads and installations. Whatever the user downloads and choose to install is beyond any OS control. Windows XP, admin mode: can happen especially those not properly patched Windows XP, standard user + software policy: almost impossible Windows Vista, admin-approve mode: not without clicking YES to the UAC warning Windows Vista, standard user: not...
You mean that 64-bit drivers can be run on a 32-bit OS (essentially, 32-bit mode)? This is not very practical since you've to deal with addressing issues, especially more so when drivers operate at one of the lowest level in the OS. I think it would make more sense to automatically load 32-bit drivers while in 32-bit mode?
And the only way to legally install OS X or even have a reason to by a copy of OS X, is that have already owned a Mac. Now, you could always buy an upgrade way of version of Windows. You could also buy an "upgrade" of OS X (even though it's retail), but it's "upgrade" because it requires a Mac.
What exactly do you mean EVERY task? I am curious to know...Do you mean using programs such as Office 2003, Outlook, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, Windows Live Photo, Beyond TV (to watch tv), Winamp, PowerDVD, Notepad, MATLAB, Mathematica, Solidworks, ProE, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9, Photoshop CS3/4, IsoBuster, ImgBurn, Nero, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iTunes, VMWare Workstation, VirtualBox, Fallout 3, CoD, The Sims, SPORE, copying files to the...
Safari 4 looks very good. It's certainly as fast or faster than Chrome when loading webpages but slightly slower in application launching. All it needs is Adblock Plus and mouse gestures from Firefox, and we're good. I do find the UI for the tab-on-top to be terrible on Vista. See my screenshot below. For reason, it literally hurts my eyes staring at those tabs when the window is maximized. You can see how much better Chrome implementation is for the tabs (at least...
It seems the formatting type used is "full" rather than the "quick." Full formatting will always take longer than quick format with NTFS. Quick format of a single hard drive takes roughly 5-10 seconds. If I remember correctly, full format checks each sector for read/write errors. This is why the operation take so long. Quick format assumes that everything is "okay" and just mark the disk as NTFS.Would the formatting work with the quick parameter with the stripe disk? ...
I find it questionable on the integrity and true motives of the author's writings, and indirectly of AI, since neither the author nor AI has fixed any of the blatant misinformation. This was explained earlier in my first post on Page 2. I am not talking about who copies who and the politics of, but inaccuracies like showing concept shells designed by Microsoft, when they were in fact mockups made by enthusiasts. Or the claim that, "Resizing the Taskbar neither [this...
The only thing they really need to relearn is a few new behaviors. It's still used to launch applications and to switch windows. However, if the user prefers, the user can easily revert to the old Vista-like taskbar behaviors.http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...super-taskbar/A Vista-like behavior would be no grouping and with label (and possibly smaller icons), and that's provided in the taskbar properties. You are not forced to use the new taskbar, because the user...