or Connect

Posts by KevinN206

Note: You = author of articleEveryone calls it the Superbar, not the Ultrabar as you tried very hard to link to the UltraDock. Try google "Microsoft new ultrabar windows 7" and "Microsoft new superbar Windows 7". The only link to the Ultrabar reference to Windows 7 is THIS review. What's your motive for this?What does half inch-sized increment means on a monitor? Maybe what you wanted to say was "in increments of xyz pixels," or maybe "double the original height," but I...
Choice is good. Having the ability to run multiple programs when you want and at our choosing is great. After all, you've the choice of running just one program at a time. This is why the Palm Pre seems promising, since it runs 4+ programs so fluidly. If you're pressed for battery life, then close the programs you don't need. With the iPhone, you have no choice other than through unofficial means (i.e. jailbreak).Runaway programs have little to do with the OS managing...
Thanks for the link. I find it quite strange and perplexed why an article gets removed like that without a hint of reasons why. Removing the article is okay with me. AI can do whatever it wants, but the entire discussion thread was also removed. They could've removed just the article and the article text within the thread, while keeping the thread discussions and note a reason why it was removed. The thread then would've to be locked, since the context of the...
Usually hard drives have write-cache, a scheme called write-back, were files are stored temporarily in the hard drive's volatile buffer after a write instead of actually writing the file to the magnetic platter. This improves hard drive performance since the OS doesn't have to wait for the much slower "actual" write to the hard drive platter and say it was successful. A sudden computer restart can be problematic, however, since the data isn't actually recorded on the...
I think the link below is for the forum discussion: forum page It returns a permission error. I was looking forward to reading other readers responses, since I put some time last night into a short response on processor support. Maybe it's been removed for editing or whatever reasons.
Note: You = the author who wrote the article.You came to the above conclusion that MS doesn't care about potential Mac market because they failed to enhance Virtual PC for Mac? They don't need to considering that there's VMWare Fusion, Parallel, VirtualBox, and BootCamp. Either way, it's a rather large assumption to make from a single data point.I didn't get this with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. This is not to say that you didn't. Does anyone else...
It doesn't offer deep changes because all the changes were ALREADY in Vista. And somehow this is construed as a bad thing? Snow Leopard has to be a major architectural change because the kext, drivers, and kernel are not yet 64-bit. This release is about performance enhancement while cleaning up the kernel and enabling up to 256 logical processors support. Microsoft will also introduce DirectX 11 with GPGPU capabilities for Windows 7, and it'll be backward compatible...
You don't have to subscribe to the rental model, and purchase the music as normal similar to iTunes. I didn't say it's "so great" or better than the buy model, but it is a model that works well for listeners like me. Why the Zune isn't as successful as the iPod, and whether this success (or lack thereof) is due to the business model they chose, is beyond me. However, I think any one of these could be the reasons:* The iPod was well established long before the Zune, so...
Microsoft and Apple chose different model of business for the Zune and iPod, respectively. In Apple's model, you can listen to any samples of songs for 30 seconds each, but you can buy it for 0.99 if you want the entire song.Microsoft's model is that you pay $15 per month for unlimited rights to download and listen to ANY song on 3 different computers and 3 different Zunes, as long as your subscription is current. Additionally, you get to keep 10 songs forever each...
After reading the first two installations and this one, I can conclude the following from the author's perspective. I can already predict the context in the next installation, but I am open for surprises. While it may not be clear cut as good or bad, but the gists are there. Silverlight works okay on Linux with the Mono project, and it's being ported for OS X: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...lverlight.html Code: Microsoft = bad Apple = good Windows = bad OS...