or Connect

Posts by sabuga

Yeah, I've just sold iPad2 as well. Gonna have to go back to my iPad1 for a few weeks till iPad3 comes out!
Oh, and you beat me to it, I think we're entitled to a free 20 gig.
Well, here in NZ, I noticed mail delivery delays from about 3 PM. It's now 9 PM, and I'm still having issues syncing iDevices, and the mail on the website keeps timing out....
You beat me to it! How is it that an article like this is published, when a simple check on the Apple Store tells you its a feature! I'm going to buy one, and add a 3rd party SSD, still cant decide if the i7 is worth the $160 NZD upgrade...
Looks like the i7 was the quad core server version. I'd be keen to see what the non server dual core i7 gets. It's another $160 NZD to upgrade, wondering if it's worth it.... Also, wondering if the CPU is soldered like the last one, or socketed so it can be upgraded later...
Yeah, I'm a Apple engineer, and some of the stuff we get through is just epic!
A Mac Pro will be fine for smaller companies, but if you've got a couple of racks of xserves, the dual PSU, LOM, hotswap disks and things like that really matter. the performance of the macpro is fine, but the real server features just aren't there, and can't be added to the macpro
For business grade screens from other companies (philips), they have zero bright pixel warranties. I would expect the same from apple on the 27 inch iMacs, MacBook Pros and the cinema displays.
[QUOTE=shamino;1738214]Sounds great, but such a mode would require a special cable. USB, unlike FireWire, is very particular about not confusing upstream and downstream devices. If you put a Mac into a hypothetical USB-target mode, where it acts as an external USB drive, it's "A" connector is going to be used in a context where the standard says a "B" connector should be used. You'll need to use a special (and standard-violating) A-A cable, which would not be usable...
I know you can install mac os on a USB drive (I've got it installed on a Firewire 800 pen drive, as it's faster than USB), but I've just found it easier to boot into target disk mode. I'm not saying that I'm right, and your wrong, there are many ways to get the same result. I'm just saying that the method I use doesn't work on a mac without firewire, and since it's been standard on macs for about the last 10 years, I've gotten used to the target disk mode feature. (And...