or Connect

Posts by X38

I understand your frustration with commentary on this forum.You can find some pretty thorough and well reasoned discussion as to why this decision was correct and aligned with established law on the Foss patents web site:http://www.fosspatents.com/
Interesting timing - coincides with news that sounds like Samsung may finally be serious about selling Tizen phones: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303851804579555492042313988?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303851804579555492042313988.html   If the punishment decision on the Oracle case goes particularly bad for Google, what are the chances Samsung will tire enough of the Android legal hassles to go all-in...
So, does this mean Android uses a 'multi-steal' interface? Can & will Samsung get around it by switching to Tizen?
I'm not so sure. Annecdotally, it seems likely that the bulk of Android customers barely know what an app is, let alone care. Most people are just buying whatever new phone the salesman at the service provider store pushes on them, which more & more are Samsung smartphones with Android. If Samsung goes all out with Tizen, especially in the low & mid range markets, it will become the #2 system and push Android to #3 overnight, even if there isn't one single third party app...
It would be nice of they would upgrade the iDevices to TB sooner rather than later. USB just doesn't cut it for synching 64GB. Sure, the internal flash only goes so fast, but that won't be the bottleneck forever. Even more interestig though would be TB on AppleTV, especially dual TB, with iOS given the ability to recognize external drives.
Agreed, and I have been thinking exactly the same thing. With all their data center capacity and base of Safari users they could make a big entry into the search market overnight. They could take it a step farther and really 'disrupt' Google though - Google has been doing their own disruption by giving away software and services that others have traditionally sold in exchange for collecting user data that they then use to sell advertising, so that their only major source...
The autocorrect works reasonably well for me, but I REALLY wish they would add back & forward cursor arrow keys in addition to the back space key.
Really need them to keep gallery and iWeb around. I paid all those years for .mac and mobileme and put a lot of effort into the stuff I have on those services. I'm plenty ticked they are going away now.
I'm amazed at how long the entire rest of the industry is content to let Apple run away with all the money. You'd think at least one other player would by now have tried to follow Apple in the one thing they still do differently than everyone else - vertical integration. The commoditized hardware market that came about thanks to Microsoft and the PC cloner industry worked well in the PC market for the past thirty years, but it was an aberration of unique times and is not a...
I can't stand Vimeo, but this would be great with MobileMe galleries. Apple, PLEASE add the gallery function to iCloud!