or Connect

Posts by rob_06

I have a few questions which may lead to the cause hopefully Do you have any third party system add-ons? Once started does it affect any apps in any way? Have you tried resetting the SMC? Are there any crash/system related logs? These can most times show what maybe happening and help get a fix. Any info on any other strange behaviour would also help.
There is a chance it is not compatible with snow leopard. I doubt there will be an update to make it more compatible. I have version 5.1 which has no issues so far for me. Also can you lets know what issues you are seeing as I maybe able to offer some suggestions on how to fix the problems.
Is your Office 2008 fully updated? I don't this problem so farand have 10.6.1 and Office 2008 One thing which may or may not work is re-install the latest update for office 2008 this fixed some issues I had under leopard and may work now.
I noticed the same thing with the new ATi firmware and after checking via system profiler these are the differences I noticed and would be the reason it is not needed. ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Chipset: ATI,RadeonHD2600 . . . Vendor ATI (0x1002) DeviceID 0x9583 RevisionID 0x0000 ROM Version 113-B2250F-219 EFI Driver Version 01.00.219 The above 2 have 219 at the end instead of 212 This is under 10.6.1
It may pay to check if there is any firmware updates for the LaCie drive. Also what type of connection does the drive use? What apps are open and running at the time of the total freeze up?
Apple has a new developer preview of Java for 10.5 update 4 on their dev site but seemingly still no fix for the current issue we all face. It also looks like they pulled the discussion thread on the discussions forums also.
I have one of these and get no issues with right and left channel audio to my stereo AirPort Express Stereo Connection Kit with Monster Cables http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9...mco=MjE0NDc1MA I hope this helps
x11 2.3.3 is up on versiontracker now and states the it requires 10.5.7 tobe installed for it use
Quite possibly tomorrow we will see 10.5.7 as X11 2.3.3 update requires it to be installed first.
Do you have SRS IWOW installed this has been know to cause itunes to suddenly re-open as it install a plugin for itunes which causes itunes to re-open for no apparent reason. Also like above any extra info is always handy.