or Connect

Posts by rob_06

Firsty try these steps as I have found some shutdown issues with my imac just of late. Quit all running apps before attempting a shutdown. If using an airport connection make sure mail.app is quit before disconnecting as this seems to stop it from being quit after the connection is disconnected. Also check the permissions as a safe guard as there maybe something out of whack which could be playing havoc Also check the HD for errors as these can also cause strange...
You need to format the drive as a guid format or boot from the install dvd and use disk utility to re-format the drive to Mac OS Extended (journaled) under a intel mac it will automatically be formatted as GUID Partition Table and you woll then be able to install OS X without issues. If problems persist lets know and more help will follow
Are you using the inbuilt firewall? Are you using any third party firewall software? What type of net connection do you use? Does this happen very often and do you have any other macs to run and see if software update works on them
What type of net connection do you use?
There is one only for the 08 versions of the apps. As yet nothing for the 09 versions.
Are there any crash logs for keynote in either HD/library/logs or Home/Library/Logs These may well give an indication to what the cause was. So far no issues saving keynote 09 here but will watch just in case. Also was there any strange behaviour whilst using keynote or around the time of the sudden reboot?
deleting photobooth shouldn't affect the use of the isight cam Try this Goto the apple menu => About this Mac => click more info then click USB the isight should show under there if not try restarting your mac and then see if it shows up. lets know what happens To get photobooth back get the install DVD and use pacifist (shareware) to install just photobooth if you have any problems doing that lets know and I will make a step for step list of how to and post it for you.
I have windows 7 and the total install time is much closer to 45 minutes after three or four rebbots along the way.
Once in the trash try selecting Secure Empty Trash this will get rid of it but does take a bit more time. Once it shows the empty trash restart and the problem will or should be fully gone
Do you see any error messages when trying to delete it other than the one you said? Does it go into the trash by any chance? Lets know and I can help further as I have had files like that and have a couple of ways that should work to get rid of it.