or Connect

Posts by mrstep

There's no doubt that the desktop experience could probably use some sort of updates to smooth usage - SL actually seems to have made drag/drop between spaces worse. Where I used to be able to start a drag, invoke it, drag over the space I wanted, f8 again, focus doesn't seem to follow now and I end up back where I started unless I hit the space bar when over the target window. I do like the dock exposé, though once invoked it would be nice if you could still mouse over...
They didn't force them to make sub-prime / alt-a loans, but they were certainly allowed to - hell, they were fighting to since those sweet (short term) profits the other guys were making were making their own performance look bad. Or did I miss the part where the originators/lenders asked to be regulated to make sure the loans they were either acquiring or selling on were sound because the government was making them do unsound business otherwise? Now the investment banks...
Minorities!? No wait, I thought it was all because this country is full of homosexuals! Yeah, the liquidity definitely fueled the bubble, the lack of regulation on lenders, Wall St. getting hugely into the game, total lack of accountability (Would YOU lend money to someone if you didn't know they could repay it? What if you were lending someone else's money and would get a nice bonus yourself with no liability to you? Well maybe not you then, but for $50 mil. / $200 mil....
Laptops!? You mean Netbooks! Aren't those up to 17" screens and about 8 lbs by now? Same thought though - how can anyone call those beasts 'tablets'? I mean, anyone outside of Lenovo/Fujitsu marketing anyway.
I'd love to see the Mac ad with PC singing some lovely tune (could use one from the Songsmith ad) and then have Mac say he's been working on learning some music too. Now Sting walks in, hands Mac an extra guitar, maybe asks if he practiced the chords, and then Mac and Sting both play guitar and Sting sings 'Don't stand so close to me' looking over at poor PC. The timing of Songsmith is just hilarious when at the same Apple rolls out professional music lessons. (I'm...