or Connect

Posts by mrstep

I love that it's listed like a positive, but that point aside it IS a feature. Of course, exploding fuel tanks have been 'features' of a number of cars, just not something you'd expect to see advertised either!
  I certainly wonder how in the world Amazon has managed to have a P/E on their stock of 312. If they were trading at the same P/E as Apple, they'd collapse from $255 a share to about $13.   Truly one of the strangest stocks out there and a great demonstration of how manipulated some stocks are. FB is clearly losing its air (should be at $7-8?), and to be fair AMZN really should too. Alternately Apple should be trading at $13,000 a share, but that's assuming fairness.
  No doubt. There's the whole ecosystem thing and apps that tilt in the iPad's favor, but this higher res screen on a really competitively priced tablet sounds good. And the data plan beats the PANTS off of whatever AT&T and Verizon are gouging with on the iPad side (through no fault of Apple's). And of course Amazon is pricing to effectively no margin on the hardware (or maybe even a loss???), but cheap (and seemingly pretty good) hardware + cheap data network definitely...
  Sure, but you better also hope that your traffic doesn't pass through the US. Or England. Or Australia. Or China. Or anywhere in the Mideast. Or...   But I agree, in general keep your data on your own machine unless you want it ending up on a government laptop. Totally screwy - all while proclaiming how free we are and how those other governments are evil for keeping tabs on their citizens.
    Exactly. 12 million records tying device id to user, enabling tracking of push notifications to boot - and this file wasn't even worth encrypting! Let's get this straight - Congress will call company executives up to testify as to why apps can access your address book - because, you know, that's a huge privacy violation! - while they're of course authorizing spying on all of us anyways? (Or is it 12 million terrorists now?)   An app hitting our address book is the...
  Cars don't all look the same, cereal boxes don't look the same - despite all being box shaped!, receivers and amps don't all look the same, speakers don't all look the same, computers (when not blatantly copying the MacBook/Air) don't all look the same, remote controls, books, magazines, glasses (drinking and vision-correcting), etc... - yet those all perform similar-to-the-same functions within their respective categories.   Phones will only all look the same if they...
Let's boost revenue by cutting staff and training for them.  Wait, uproar? OK, we'll have staff be rated by how many accessories they can hawk!   Browett needs to be shown the door ASAP unless Tim Cook / Apple really want to destroy the stores.  High pressure sales from people hovering and looking to sell you everything you don't need are exactly what the Apple Store experience hasn't been, and a brief uptick in MARGINS isn't going to translate into long term growth...
Even if they claim their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, their left hand is still out there smacking Apple.
  4G LTE... So you can exceed your bandwidth and pay hundreds in overage charges to your cellular provider more quickly?   I certainly understand what the technology is, but unless the useless wankers running the phone companies change their plans to support reasonable bandwidth, count me out of "wanting" or "needing" it. $30 to watch a movie seems a bit much no matter how much their TV ads like to show that ability. I typically see download speeds in the 5-8Mbps range on...
  No doubt. It's almost as pathetic as the iTunes icon rip-off.