or Connect

Posts by Winter

I believe the article is referring to quad-core Broadwell.
The Intel NUC is starting to look mighty attractive right now. Hate to say it.
What? Zen-like? Huh? I'm using an Apple keyboard, a Vizio HDTV, and a Dynex mouse and my Mac experience has been awesome. I don't want an AIO because if the display dies, I'm screwed.
I have confidence that Apple will make a decent machine that I will buy but if they don't I like the AOpen Digital Engine.
You're right and if they updated the mini to the same Broadwell processors as with the 13" rMBP, I would be sold. Haswell is great but it came along a bit too late.
The Pro is a bit out of my price range. It starts at $3k and I would want to add some stuff to it including more RAM, double the SSD, and better graphics even though the default is better than anything the mini could offer.I just wish they had a 15" rMBP equivalent offered in a box. I don't really want a screen honestly even if I'm not using it in a docking station. I know I'm being very picky.
I guess what I mean to say is what is comparable specs wise. From what I have seen from Lenovo, they don't really match up. GPU is very important to me yes but an alternative I was looking at was something sort of like this. http://www.thebookpc.com/product-p/de7200.htm
What's a good alternative to the mini if Apple quit on it?
I don't know when Broadwell quad-core mobile processors are coming out let alone Skylake quad-core mobile either. The only thing they could really do is silently update to a GTX 950M with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory. They also need to update the 27" iMacs with the max memory for nVidia graphics cards as well.
Possible silent update to 950M?