or Connect

Posts by Winter

I currently use my Mac mini along with my HDTV as a monitor although I'm moving soon and being that I have to share with a roommate, I can't use the computer if he is using the TV so I may just settle for an iMac.
Is it out of the realm of possibility to at least get options for 16 GB of RAM and a 256 GB PCIe SSD in the low cost iMac?
And that's part of the reason why I want to close the topic is the reason you quoted above. : P
Reading this topic depresses me to be honest. Can I just request for it to be temporarily closed until Apple actually releases the mini if they do?
They were updated? I thought it was just a simple price drop. : /
If I go from mini to iMac (and I won't rule it out), I don't want an i3. To me if Apple is going to get away with charging $1,299 for the base 21.5" iMac they have now, it needs a 256 GB PCIe SSD at minimum as well. Iris is fine though Iris Pro would be better. Otherwise give me a new mini with a i5-4200M for $599 (better for it to be $499) and if they want go for the usual 500 GB HDD with a $200 option for a PCIe SSD.
If priced right, I will pick up this lower cost iMac. I would prefer a mini though.
I'm only looking to buy a computer once every few years and not spend a ton. Sandy Bridge is adequate but it's getting old. I have a Samsung 470 in this thing.
If Apple wants me to use their Mavericks OS, they have to give me a new mini. I'm happy with Lion right now though.
Yes without question. The 850M seems to be a decent step up from the 750M supposedly.