or Connect

Posts by Winter

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/notebooks/37472-skylake-15w-mobile-skus-getting-iris-graphics
You're absolutely right. Two things make me automatically discount the $499 mini. 4 GB of RAM and the 500 GB 5,400 rpm HDD. You want more people to use your product yet you are giving them the absolute minimum to do so. I don't know why Apple is so greedy on RAM. Even the MacBook Airs have 4 GB by default. It should be 8 GB by default with a 16 GB option no excuses.As for the quad core deal, my only thought is Intel's numbering system with graphics and how there were two...
Let them be disappointed then Marv. : )
I hope Apple gets rid of the entry level Mac mini at $499. I know many of us discussed that Apple should lower the price of the mini to $499 since that's what it was when it first debuted but not with 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB 5,400 rpm HDD. Come on. The $699 mini should be the base mini at 8 GB of RAM and a 1 TB HDD. At least next year though, the graphics will include the Intel HD 6000 vs. the Intel HD 5000 if they keep the current ones. I agree with you wizard about the...
I just hope the mini stays that long and they do not shrink it to the point where it just gets a Core M in it. To me a dual core processor with Iris graphics is low enough and while I wish Iris Pro were in there, it's not a deal breaker obviously. If there's no plans for a Broadwell mini than bring on a Skylake mini with DDR4.
I don't even understand the need for the entry level iMac. The $1,299 iMac WAS an entry level machine and you can get it for the price of entry level iMac now in the refurbished store.
http://fudzilla.com/news/processors/37342-skylake-s-desktop-coming-by-october What are they talking about with 35W parts for the iMac? Also it would make sense to just jump to Skylake with the iMac would it not or is there enough Broadwell options?
I'd get 32 GB if it was allowed but right now I can only have that on the 27" iMac.
Did you get 16 GB of RAM? If you didn't, you should have.
Once Apple announced a new Mac mini last October, it sort of satisfied my hunger temporarily. Of course my interest peaked up once again when the new 13" rMBP came out because you have faster memory, faster PCIe SSDs, and faster integrated graphics.