or Connect

Posts by Winter

I have to have a Geforce Titan to play Solitaire. Anyone who thinks this is overkill is dead wrong.
I hate to use Tim Cook level words though this is both incredible and remarkable. I am super excited for the future specifically the month of June.
Intel's graphics keep getting better and for Haswell I feel the fastest graphics available from that is perfect for an education model. I still do not feel it is ready for a standard base model quite yet though it is getting there and it needs to have a price drop I feel. It will also be interesting to see what the 750M can do.
With Phil Schiller, Bob Mansfeld, and Jony Ive still at Apple, they are still in fine shape. Tim Cook will not do to Apple what Ron Johnson did at JC Penney, he has far more sense than he is given credit for.
As I posted in my own iMac thread, I did not think Apple would actually do this. I am semi mad but also kind of smiling because of this.
I had this idea in my mind that even though I wanted Apple to add more BTO options on their computers, they would never actually do it. Today I find out that flash storage options have been added to the 21.5" iMac.
Intel first announced it in January at some event comparing two side by side laptops. One featured the 650M the other featured Haswell graphics. The 650M was still faster but according to controlled tests by very little.
Yeah I am a bit apprehensive there. If they went for just the classic 15" MBP and not the retina then fine. Even still though, I am not so sure.Also I meant to add the 4950HQ as well as the 4900HQ to my previous post but since there are other replies after mine, I will add that now.
The question that remains is whether or not Apple will use the i7-4900HQ in one of the mini models. I am not so sure they will. Still, I am ready to replace my dual-core Sandy Bridge mini.
I would be more in favor of better graphics on a Mac if the PC game industry catered more to RPGs and action-RPGs. Perhaps I don't look hard enough though you won't find me playing Portal, Crysis, or Battlefield. If I was into those games, I would have bought a gaming PC or possibly a gaming laptop though more the former in order to stay below $1,000. Having said that, I do wish the best for Intel because they need to step it up in the GPU arena. Criticizing the xMac...