or Connect

Posts by Winter

Yeah I feel that's pushing it as well and wish maybe the 640M LE was used. Broadwell in 2014 is when I would gain more confidence in pure integrated graphics.
What I am saying is... you are cashing in your chips if you think Haswell's graphics can drive the 15" display and I have to disagree quite heavily with Marvin that it will be able to. I am not saying he is wrong, though I would really need to see the proof.
The good news is that once the Haswell machines get released, we can start the 2014 thread!
The "low-end" 15" should be discrete as far as I see it. The difference maybe between that and a higher-end 15" is to offer more options.I don't feel Haswell will offer enough just yet. You're cashing in a big portion of your chips on something that may not be up to snuff.Now... tell me this: Having the new 10.9 as standard, will graphics memory shared with the main memory finally reach 1024 MB or 1 GB or will it still be 768 MB?
The 25% upgrade with the Kepler refresh should be even better equipped to handle the retina display. I will wait and see what goes into the 13" retina and from there, hopefully all will work out.
I am bumping this thread since my mini and iMac thread is being overrun with MBP posts. : P
My thing is, why have a low-end 15"? Apple markets premium computers. It would be like selling a Ferrari without heated seats and air conditioning.
Sorry, going to have to challenge you on it. We'll have to see what Broadwell brings for the simple issue of price and specs.I feel the 15" notebooks are for power users given that there is no 17". The 13" retina still needs seasoning. It needs to get to the classic MacBook Pro price points, possibly even the MacBook Air price points in my view.I realize I'm going too far out of the box of Apple's closed garden but I'm doing so anyway. Not saying you are wrong though.Edit:...
I have a MacBook Pro thread but if I didn't already mention it, keep the 13" integrated and the 15" discrete.
Shh... don't give them any ideas : P