or Connect

Posts by Winter

Well, it doesn't have the display as a liability. You could buy a Mac mini tomorrow and have it be a lemon and buy a MacBook Pro and have it last you a few years or vice versa.
I like how the size of the mini and the ability of it to plug into any monitor even if the iMac has a nice display.
I don't want an iMac, but if it comes to it, I'll begrudgingly accept it. I'm hoping Apple continues with at least one box for the near future.
So have the classic 15" be integrated only? I wouldn't mind that with a price drop.
Now the question is how much video memory the 15" MBP and even the iMac have with the new cards. Hopefully none of them have 512 MB and the MBP has 2 GB somewhere.
According to nVidia, the 750M is supposed to be 6.5x faster than the Intel HD 4000. We'll see how it fares next to Haswell.
You think I'm just going to go back to Windows? I've only experienced the Mac platform for what will be two years in October.
I won't quit on Apple if they cut the mini and I probably will find something I like but I'm not sold on the iMac right now because I like the mini form factor. We'll see though. I have a feeling Apple will find a way to adjust to my preferences.
We're arguing back and forth yet no one has produced sales figures. Sure Apple doesn't produce commercials for anything except the iStuff and the retina MacBook Pro though what about the iMac? Is that a poor seller?
I feel we're having two extremes here. One is saying, the Mac mini is gone the other is saying it's staying long term. I think there will be a middle ground. The mini will probably be around for a few more years and then something will change.