or Connect

Posts by Winter

It's a crude reference wizard and I think it's false anyway. People will watch WWDC and if no info on the Mac Pro is release, there will be severe disappointment from those still sticking around. If it does get some spotlight, people will have a reaction of "Finally!"
I think this post is appropriate for this thread. http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/30859-haswell-35w-dual-cores-in-q4-2013
That makes me even more psyched.
Yes though that doesn't answer my question. The difference between the 650M with GDDR5 memory and DDR3 memory is kind of substantial. At least 20%... By the way, the laptop I saw in Best Buy was a Samsung Series 7 17.3" and had a 650M with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory.
I have mentioned this briefly before, though are we expecting Haswell to match the 640M or even the 650M with DDR3 or GDDR5? If it matches the latter, great. If not, eh... : /
I cannot wait for that. I am so psyched for Haswell. I hope I haven't given the impression that I think the 2012 Mac mini is terrible, I just think it is not good enough of an update for me to replace my current 2011 Mac mini. The Haswell GPU and quad-core processor I feel will be worthy of my money.
I went into Best Buy tonight and just felt like looking around and saw a Samsung 17" notebook with 2 GB of the 650M for $1,399. Of course I thought that was not too shabby but it dawned on me just before I wrote this that it's useless if it isn't GDDR5 memory but DDR3.
Suppose they got rid of the server last year and went with a dual-core i7 and the 640M with 512 MB of GDDR5 for $799. Could that have been feasible?
Perhaps if the 17" MBP had a better video card to begin with, it might have sold better, no? Are 17" notebooks popular in the PC World now?
When I think of less is more, I think of how Jobs introduced products when he came back. The famous "quadrant" if you will. Maybe it's just me, but I find an 11" screen to be too small. I am hoping they eventually drop the 11" Air and make the 13" Air $999 or less but that's just me. As for the graphics in the 15" MacBook Pro (maybe even the 13" but this is doubtable), my eyes are heavily reliant on the Kepler refresh.