or Connect

Posts by Winter

5100 or bust for me if a Haswell mini comes out because I think expecting a 5200 would be too much. I don't want to say the 4600 is horrible but it's my money and that's my choice or else. Otherwise I'd rather they wait for Broadwell.
I think because for the price tag, they expect them to be better. That is my only explanation.Anyway, here is my deal... I bought a sweatshirt for Christmas which turned out to be kind of snug (should have bought a zip up) and today I just bought the new jacket. We'll see about whether or not I get a new Mac in the next few months.
While I am glad a new Pro came out for the customers who want one (and I'd get one if money was no object), I kind of lost my luster for Apple. My co-worker got the 2013 MacBook Air and brought it in and showed me because he knows I used to talk Apple all the time and I apologized and told him I was just very "meh" about it. While I agree a Haswell mini does have a lot to offer I'm not clamoring for it like I was six months ago.
Just go with Broadwell, simple as that. It would be unnecessary to update the Mac Pro again this year so by the time October rolls around, hopefully they'll have a new Air, MBP, iMac, and mini. They could even just make one mini model if they don't believe in it and make the higher end processors customized.
I only care about a Broadwell Mac mini. Everything else means nil to me.
I would still have a commercial with a mini and an Apple display. Not sure how I would make it interesting but I would figure out a way.
While I am not a fan of the MacBook Air, I will simply say that 8 GB of RAM should absolutely without question be standard and I'd like to see 256 GB of storage at minimum as well. How much of a jump in speed will the processor from Haswell to Broadwell be I wonder?
I like to walk on the boardwalk (I live in NJ) and it gets colder near the ocean and my Raiders jacket is not really suitable for long walks in cold weather. I need something that keeps me warm. I had waited for a long time for a new Mac mini and Apple didn't deliver and now my motivation has kind of evaporated. The jacket I want is about $85. A new Mac mini would be around $600 or more. The choice is easy.
For once, marv and I will agree. The world must be ending.Iris would have been enough for me and Iris Pro would have been even better. Coming up in 2014, I'll see what happens. The bottom line is that I don't want a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, and the iMac is too big for my liking.I actually would take a Mac Pro with a 4K display though. It's way out of my budget right now though.
I like the cold weather because I can bundle up and because others bundle up also. I hate flip-flops. Anyway, back to the mini talk.