or Connect

Posts by Winter

Can the current Mac Pro keep up with the latest line of cards available now such as the GTX 680?
Don't you mean iMac?
Build me a mini with desktop components. What does it have in terms of processor, memory, graphics, etc.
No I don't feel Cook is the problem don't get me wrong. He is very low key whereas Jobs had to go on stage and be THE STAR. Cook seems to have a philosophy of "Make sure things don't get messed up." I just see they released a model called the GT 730M, what is that a rebadge of?
wizard69 - I think deep down, Cook knows he can't be Jobs so why try. He can go out there and as long as he gives half the effort, he's fine. Anyone have any idea when nVidia is revealing their next line of mobile graphics chips?
I would love to see Apple reach up and grab that brass ring. I love the Mini although I'm sure I would have eventually bought myself a MacBook Pro if I didn't get my mini in October 2011. All they need perhaps is discrete graphics as an option and it'll be perfect.
Well put it this way, since I know new Apple products are coming I like to see them revealed as they are revealed live (or least after they leak on a rumors site). I certainly don't listen to the keynotes to hear Tim Cook babble about how many Apple stores opened in the past week, how many apps are in the app store, and using words he picked out of a thesaurus such as amazing, unbelievable, incredulous, unprecedented, and insurmountable.
In the base 13", 512 GB would be a godsend. Keep your expectations low with Apple. Although if things backfire, maybe they do start giving more for people's money.
I hope it does too. The only reason I'm concerned about specs is because that's my favorite part of the keynotes. So I would like to see how you would build it up if you were Schiller.
So what would you do with things as they are now. Three models? Two models? How do you handle it?