or Connect

Posts by Winter

Wow that was a fast response. : P Yeah I honestly don't want it to get any thinner until they have onboard flash storage. I don't see that happening until Broadwell or worse possibly into Skylake or even Skymont.
Do you have enough pessimism that they wouldn't offer at least a dual-core i7 (being that the i7 has hyperthreading) as a BTO as they did in 2011?
Do you now expect integrated graphics in all three models? Do they revert back to dual-core/discrete as with 2011? Do they dare try and use dual-core/integrated on the $799 model? This is Apple don't forget.
Maybe things will change as time goes on in the Tim Cook era. I wonder if there is a specific group that decides what goes into what. They have to run tests for certain kinds of things.
Unfortunately, which I brought up in another topic, Apple doesn't exactly make the iMac very desirable to buy either except for ultimate model due to the lack of a VRAM upgrade option. I agree with you though Intel is moving in the right direction and I am excited to see what is in store in the forthcoming year.
I want to get into specifics though. What would be feasible with the mobile quad-core? 640M LE? 640M? 650M?
I was thinking the best they would be able to do would be the 640M LE being that the regular 640M was included in the base model iMac. If you're Apple, wizard... what do you do? Do you kill off the server model and replace it with a discrete model? Do you make one integrated and one discrete?
Oh I would love that and I think many would though you would have that absolutely HIDEOUS power brick and who would ever want that? : P But seriously, for right now... the only game I want to play on my Mac mini is Gauntlet: Dark Legacy the arcade version through MAME. I somehow feel even the base iMac could handle it but it would actually be cheaper to rent the arcade machine itself for a few days than to buy an iMac. In addition, it would have been cool to play Diablo...
Makes sense. I know it seems extraneous, though I can't wait for a Haswell mini.
http://twimages.vr-zone.net/2012/12/haswell_mobile_core-i7.png I am kind of disappointed about the slight decrease in graphics base MHz but I think that is because I don't understand Haswell even with the Anandtech article and it'll end up being far better for a reason.