or Connect

Posts by Winter

Yeah I don't feel like spending the money for the 16 GB and if a 2x16 setup were possible, I probably would not take advantage until it was about as cheap as 2x8 is now.
Given that Ivy Bridge can handle a max of 32 GB of RAM, I would like to have a 2 x 16 GB setup even though I am not even using the 8 GB I have now in my 2011 Mac mini. If a 32 GB option were available for the Mac mini and 15" MacBook Pro, I can only imagine what Apple would charge for it.
How do you figure? RAM speed is different from RAM capacity. I have seen 16 GB DIMMS though not SODIMMS.
The mere thought of that makes me want that so much.
You will probably not see 16 GB SODIMMS until DDR4.
Yeah for now, your Mac Pro is better than the Mini but in 2013 or 2014, start to take a look.
Back then yes, though as time goes on it will vary but most likely point towards no. The mini keeps taking big strides.
When you consider that it can take up to 16 GB of RAM, has a quad-core processor with using hyper-threading with 4 physical cores and 4 virtual ones for a total of 8, I wouldn't doubt it.Graphics do need an improvement though and I see good things coming ahead with Haswell and Rockwell depending on the computer's future.
Is the 630M worse than HD4000 how about 640M?
Agreed with this although I am curious as to why there is no discrete option in the 13" rMBP and I hope that changes in future models though it probably won't. Perhaps it won't need to with graphics improving.