or Connect

Posts by Winter

We are focusing quite a bit on the mini so I thought I would mention the iMac as well. I forget if I sent feedback to Apple or not, though I would like to at least have user replaceable RAM back even if it's only two slots instead of four. I also hope they start making 1 GB of RAM standard for video cards and stop with the 512 MB. Go for 1 GB minimum across the board and then on the ultimate, 2 GB with a BTO of 4 GB if it's available.
It will be very interesting to see what Intel has in the pipeline with Haswell next year and Rockwell the following year. This could impact how things work with the ARM chips. I have faith in Apple but I'll be paying close attention.
Neat, I will be looking forward to that.
I did actually although I went with the minimum of what I expect to happen. While I would love a real GPU in the Mini, I don't think they'll do it. So just allow me at the very least to change my own RAM, and perhaps make the SSD standard or as easy to change as the original uMBP.
I think Intel will start to be aggressive since they cannot just sit on their hands with ARM in the processor field. AMD right now is lacking with CPUs but not with GPUs. ARM will get bigger if Intel does not do something.
I am happy with the way Apple is currently making their products except I do not want to see soldered RAM in the Mini and iMac. I like being able to install my own RAM and I'd like to be able to continue to install my own SSDs (unless Apple keeps up the price and technology which they did this year but did not do last year).
Thanks for the kind words wizard. Yeah damage wasn't too bad where I am (Neptune, NJ), and I only lost power for four days. The worst part was not so much not having a TV or computer, that's nothing. It was not being able to wash and dry clothes or get gas. A friend got me some on Wednesday (2.5 hour wait standing in line with cans) and then I filled my tank on Friday (only a 45 minute wait and I was able to sit in my car and listen to the radio). Getting back to the...
I am back. I was out of commission due to Hurricane Sandy but am back online. SemiAccurate reported something called the Small Business Advantage that they were building into the Haswell processors. This I think will only be best with Windows and not Mac though.
What are the best external GPUs or are there any yet?
Oh this brings into an argument about the laziness of people. Whatever is the easiest works for most people. The sheeple if you will. : /And a premium can be charged for what once was mediocrity. It's kind of a shame.Anyway, back to the Mac Pro. Can we possibly have the latest video cards from nVidia and AMD ready to go and working for it? I know gaming isn't crucial but let's say I do want to play Crysis 2 or whatever the latest game is. Can I play it on Ultra and will...