or Connect

Posts by Winter

wizard69 - I think deep down, Cook knows he can't be Jobs so why try. He can go out there and as long as he gives half the effort, he's fine. Anyone have any idea when nVidia is revealing their next line of mobile graphics chips?
I would love to see Apple reach up and grab that brass ring. I love the Mini although I'm sure I would have eventually bought myself a MacBook Pro if I didn't get my mini in October 2011. All they need perhaps is discrete graphics as an option and it'll be perfect.
Well put it this way, since I know new Apple products are coming I like to see them revealed as they are revealed live (or least after they leak on a rumors site). I certainly don't listen to the keynotes to hear Tim Cook babble about how many Apple stores opened in the past week, how many apps are in the app store, and using words he picked out of a thesaurus such as amazing, unbelievable, incredulous, unprecedented, and insurmountable.
In the base 13", 512 GB would be a godsend. Keep your expectations low with Apple. Although if things backfire, maybe they do start giving more for people's money.
I hope it does too. The only reason I'm concerned about specs is because that's my favorite part of the keynotes. So I would like to see how you would build it up if you were Schiller.
So what would you do with things as they are now. Three models? Two models? How do you handle it?
Brainstorming or perhaps lack thereof. Put all of the focus on the discrete model and make the high end model and make the base model $100 less. Put the server options (for HDDs and SSDs) as BTOs in the high end model.
That's weird, I could swear I made a post bolding some points that wizard69 made on my predictions for the 2013 Mini. Anyway, I will keep what I said before brief since I'm too lazy to type it again. - Perhaps kill the server model unless it is a big seller. - Make 8 GB of RAM the standard for the $799 model (I'd like to see it as well for $599 model but Apple would never do it) - Discrete graphics in the $799 model with at least 512 MB or even 1 GB although Apple would...
I agree with this 100%.
All right... for the Mini Base - Dual core/4 GB RAM/Intel HD 4600/500 GB HDD Upgraded - Higher dual core or quad core/4 GB RAM/Intel HD 4600/1 TB HDD Server - Quad core/4 GB RAM/Intel HD 4600/2x1 TB HDD I'm hoping at least the upgraded has discrete graphics though no cards are out so I can't predict the card to be used. iMac I need to see the cards nVidia releases before I judge there too.