or Connect

Posts by Winter

I'm not sure what to say then. I don't think it's dead though if it is not for is only paying attention to the pro-sumer market, how do you revive this machine? Can they fix FCP? Do they just need to look for people?
Hmm interesting. So tell me about Apple's mark in the professional market with regards to video. If they are so bad, how smooth were things over the years? (not a rhetorical question, just genuinely curious) Oh and spend some money on advertising for it. Make it noticeable. Just a few ads here and there. They did one for the PowerMac G5 and I'm almost certain they did at least one Mac Pro ad.
Make things compatible with the latest technology as soon as it comes out is the best way I can describe it. So when AMD or nVidia release a new video card, make it a no. 1 priority that there are compatible and stable drivers. Hopefully that makes sense. In addition it might be a good idea to add those video card options fairly soon after they come out to the available BTO options once the drivers are updated and working. I might be asking for a lot though. ^^;
I said this before and I will say it again, Apple can most definitely not kill the Mac Pro. They do need to build it back up though. It reminds me in the sense of a football team that maybe won a Super Bowl several years ago but hasn't done anything since (or for everyone else when your country wins the World Cup and then doesn't win it again for maybe the next 12 years). They need to set aside a team that can give their full undivided attention to it and make it into a...
I am ecstatic about what the Mac Pro will bring. I can almost guarantee though there will be much disappointment by some just like with everything. Though they do need to update it more frequently.
Well only because I personally don't have a use for it at the moment, though the options that are offered are awesome. Even better than the last 27" iMac ultimate in my opinion.What graphics could they have put in the Mini? Should they have gone with a 35W quad-core on the $799 (2.1 GHz) and maybe make the 2.6 GHz 45W quad-core the standard one for $999?I can sense your frustration there wizard, but anytime Apple updates I'm happy just for the fact that they're...
The Fusion price I think is a bit high only because it is new technology. Memory though despite being high might only increase in the coming months though we shall see. I just hope they keep the ability to easily change the memory next time around.
16 GB for $300 is still ridiculous though ah well. I am surprised there is not even another HDD option on the base model. Oh well.
All right, well I don't want to get into semantics as much as I want to get into the core, so let me ask this. Is the current line-up the future of the mini? One dual-core, two quad-cores (with one being a server). Do we ever see discrete graphics again? Next year or the year after and is it even necessary? I admit, I liked the quad-core option though I'm not sure how the GeForce 640M LE can play games and at decent speeds (the vizio all in one has the LE). Could they put...
I can never be too sure with Apple.