or Connect

Posts by Winter

I think the MacBook was slimmed down to show that they were not going to have the DVD drive anymore. Could they have done this without slimming it down? Yes of course. I certainly hope this is the last time though that they slim it down for several years. Thinner is not necessarily better.
See if I could, I would buy a Mac Pro however I don't know if I would be able to push it to the limit that I absolutely could. I use my mini for very basic stuff but that doesn't mean I want the lowest available parts to use i.e. i5-4200M, HD 4600 graphics, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD or 500 GB if Apple was really stingy for $599.
If I had to guess, I would probably say 8-12 GB, so you have 244-248 GB for yourself.
Pretty much this. I wouldn't even be so concerned either had I not had to put in the SSD into my Mac mini myself haphazardly. The lid of my mini is still sitting on top of the computer upside down and I am dying to test the raw speed of the PCIe SSD. It isn't just Iris or even Iris Pro that is the selling point.
I would like "Broadwell Mac mini" for now please.
Yeah pretty much this. Also, I want there to be adequate graphics inside without it getting too hot. Unlike some really slim notebooks, the Intel HD 4400 in a lot of ultrabooks isn't good by my standards to want to upgrade my Mac mini. The HD 5000 in the Intel NUC and the MacBook Air is better but still got not good enough. The Iris and Iris Pro are the only ones left by that standard.If we're talking discrete, Apple doesn't cut it with the iMac since they give 1 GB out of...
Normally I wouldn't reply to this but since I'm trying to get to 1,000 posts, see my quoted post below specifically the bold, italicized, and underlined part.
Overall my Mac mini is starting to show it's age. I am not sure how much faster overall the processor options are over my current i5-2410M are however I know a PCIe SSD would wipe out my Samsung 470 and the Iris graphics would be a huge improvement over my HD 3000. I am not sure if I want to wait another year because what if Apple doesn't update by then.
Any idea what the max amount of video memory that will be available for the D700?
My favorite design remains the classic MacBook Pro with the exception of the DVD drive and that is what made me an Apple fan. Since then, the advent of the retina has made for a thinner notebook. I don't want it to be crazy thin similar to a MacBook Air. I want a laptop that I buy to have a bit of weight to it. I also would like to change my own memory and hard drive but perhaps with the PCIe SSD, asking for the latter is kind of pointless. I guess the future with Apple is...