or Connect

Posts by Winter

Again, what are my alternatives if Apple eventually kills off the Mac mini for an HTPC to plug into either my HDTV or a separate monitor? I'd say the biggest downside is not the price of the Pro so much but the amount of storage it has at that price. Only 256 GB? It should be at least 512 GB or even 1 TB. The only thing worse is the paltry 128 GB SSD and 4 GB of memory in the $1,299 base retina MacBook Pro or that they're still selling the other non-retina MBP without a...
This is all that matters to me whether it is in the form of a mini or something more powerful.
If sales are poor with the mini, hype the damn thing. Make a commercial on it just like the Mac Pro. It can't hurt to try it.
If a Mac mini does cease to exist than what are my alternatives for a box like it?
It looks like it's going to be all about graphics for the time being which is why I created this thread.http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160421/the-future-with-mobile-integrated-graphics-and-discrete-graphicsHere is the response it got on Anandtech forums.http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2350913
This hasn't had a post anyway so we'll give it until the end of the year before a new thread begins. I am looking ahead to Broadwell.
I echo of the chorus of people who didn't know him personally but send my condolences to his friends and family.
First off, welcome back TS. Second of all, I feel the base model iMac IS the budget model though it is priced too high. They should have dropped it down to $1,199 if they were going with Iris Pro. I guess the budget model which maybe will start at $999 will have the successor to Iris, the next model up with succeed Iris Pro, and then it will go 850M, 860M, 875M and 880M. I would think the 880M has 4 GB of memory and everything else has at least 2 GB.
No. I do hope by next year, the 13" cMBP will be completely gone and I am not too keen on the 11" MBA. Some people could make the argument about the Mac mini to which I say, limit it to 1 model.
I want my soup can Mac mini with four USB 3.0 ports maybe a 3.1, at least 1 TB2 port maybe 2, PCIe flash storage, 8 GB RAM minimum but 16 GB is better, and Iris graphics. $699