or Connect

Posts by Winter

Link to the actual story? A more compact 17"? Or the 15" we already know about?
I hope they do. Make 128 GB the minimum with options for 256 GB and 512 GB. If 1 TB is possible, make that an option as well.
  I agree with you except that the dual cores aren't out yet until next month.
I will agree with you JYD however I will also say that the main problem right now is that the Apple SSD is a SATA II (unless they have upgraded to SATA III recently and quietly) so paying $500 for old technology is absurd. I agree that a hard drive upgrade should be easy and that yes it is a design decision though I suppose Apple figures "You have have ease of access to the hard drive or you can have a cool looking computer though not both." Add to the fact that on the...
  Only three i7 quad-core mobile processors. One Extreme and two regular quads.   As far as I know, they only have 2.5" drives available in up to 512 GB capacities. OCZ made a 1 TB PCI drive though.
Could it possibly cause heating issues or no?   http://vr-zone.com/articles/ivy-bridge-proven-to-suffer-from-poor-thermal-grease/15844.html
How will the application of poor thermal paste on Ivy Bridge affect the new Macs?
Yeah Dell doesn't even have the configuration options up for their new workstations yet. I at least like messing around with the configurations for fun.
It would be nice to see a quad-core/discrete graphics mini for $999.
Maybe it's just me though I am not a fan of Sandforce. Many SSD companies who use it seem to have problems except maybe for Intel. (OCZ, OWC, etc.)