or Connect

Posts by Winter

Base model i5-3210M/2.5 GHz or i5-3320M/2.6 GHz - $599 Mid range model i5-3360M/2.8 GHz - $699 or $799 (CTO i7-3520M/2.9 GHz) Server model i7-3612QM/2.1 GHz - $999 (I can see Apple doing a 35W quad core possibly, no?) They could also use the i7-3615QM, i7-3720QM, or i7-3820QM.
I actually think that the base mini was a good deal for $599 for a Mac anyway. I did not feel the 2010 base mini was a good deal since it was still using a Core 2 Duo at $100 more.
I was actually considering sending it to OWC to have them do it for me though I eventually worked up enough confidence to do it myself and figured "Well, if I do this and it breaks than it's my own damn fault." This is not often seen with people. People try the same thing and then they break it and believe Apple should give them a brand new machine because "I'm the damn customer!"   I believe in the near future that probably in 2013 or 2014 the mini will be using...
I get that Apple is responsible for design though who is responsible for putting all the components together?   Frankly I really didn't want to take out the HDD and put in the SSD though A. I really wanted a fast machine (of which a 5,400rpm hard drive is not part of in my view) and B. I wasn't going to pay Apple $600 for their SSD on top of $200 I would have had to pay for getting the discrete model mini.   I had also read stories of people trying to do simple...
As I often say to people, "Made in China with pride." I remember thinking that I was going to be one of the unlucky ones to not only break something installing an SSD into my mini though that the clips used for the memory modules would also cause a problem. I consider myself lucky on both. I was careful though christ was I nervous.   Have things always been this way though or just recently? Maybe more visits are required to the Foxconn factory for quality...
I agree with you and I'm hoping they eventually get it. When the mini was released last year; even seeing the AMD Radeon 6630M was a surprise but after a while to soak it all in, a friend and I agreed that 256 MB was a bit minimal. 
If more VRAM is not standard, at least offer it as a CTO.
  I agree with you though just because of how I live, I often set the bar for things very low to avoid too much disappointment. For a company such as Apple, I should have high expectations however because I often lack regard for high expectations of other things in life, I feel the same way about Apple. I want them to put the best of the best in every model of computer they have. If I feel they do a good job on something, I'll make that my purchase. If I don't feel it's a...
512 MB or 1 GB discrete graphics on a good card would be amazing on the Ivy Bridge mini although I doubt it would happen. I am waiting for the Haswell mini anyway. By then my mini will be two years old and it'll be due for a nice upgrade in my opinion.   As for the iMac, the 680M would be great though knowing Apple they might stop at the 670M.
D: Hope this doesn't spell doom for the mini down the road. I don't think it will but you never know.