or Connect

Posts by Brometheus

I agree that the headline was highly misleading, and that a single situation like this isn't particularly newsworthy. Furthermore, there are too many missing details to know precisely what happened and the motivation of those involved, so I don't see the value of the story beyond the possible click bait motives. However, regardless of the value of reporting this story, I really don't think that there's a reasonable basis for the comments that dismiss the possibility that...
 Interesting speculation, but I'm not convinced that smart engineers in general think that taking a gamble on working for Apple (clearly a newcomer to the auto industry) is the same risk as taking a gamble with most other companies. And the idea that potential hires are turned off by having to keep aspects of their work from their family sounds like a fairly decent de facto method of filtering out people who are not ideal for Apple's "R&D information black hole" corporate...
Seems to me that Samsung is hedging its bets. Perhaps they fear that Apple is on to something with a 4 inch phone, despite the trend in the direction of much larger phones. So they want to make sure that the cover that gap in their device offerings for their flagship phone.
Finally, a reason to laugh out loud
If my interpretation of this article is correct, then the headline is misleading. Does "iOS" mean iOS on the iPhone or iOS on all idevices? I have a suspicion that the comparison would reveal a very different pattern if Android was compared to iOS on iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
Rest in peace, Steve. I feared that this day would come too soon. You will never be forgotten. Thanks for all that you did for part of our world. Thanks for making my life happier.
Well said!
I hoped that this day was not close. Thanks, Steve, for all that you've done to change our world and for inspiring me. I know that Apple is in good hands. I wish you good health as you go forward in a new role at Apple.
We will accelerate our stores! Uh, how do you accelerate a store?
"Biography is lame, regardless who" That is truly one of the most puzzling statements I've ever read, and I read a lot of crap every day. I wish that I could say more, but how do you respond to that attitude?