or Connect

Posts by Brometheus

Good question. I would probably think the same way, but I wouldn't post my thoughts. Yes, I have a pro-Apple bias in terms of what makes me want to post something.
A statement from Apple would definitely be helpful. However, that's not Apple's style. They realize that this will probably blow over in another week or so. When we focus on the present we tend to overestimate its impact on the future. Apple recognizes this, so they don't see a need to respond to every accusation against them. There are so many accusations anyway, that they would constantly have to respond to something. If they set that precedent, then they would...
Well said. Edit: accidental post. I need to get some sleep...
Add Samsung to the list
First Dell and HP, and now Microsoft. How can it be that these executives don't get it? I love my iPhone, but there's no way that a smartphone can replace a desktop or laptop computer. Even my iPad 2 cannot fully replace my iMac. For some people, however, an iPad will be sufficient (especially when iPads can be activated without iTunes). What's this about a room being a computer? They can't be serious. Tablets are here to stay. Just because they're running scared, they...
I went to bed late last night, so I woke up this morning still feeling sleepy. I rolled over and reached groggily for my iPad 2. Fired up NewsRack, just to see what the latest rumor was about WWDC and the timing of the release or announcement of iPhone 5. Out of curiosity I decided to check out what Dell and HP had to say about Apple. Now I'm wide awake. The combination of incredibly inane comments, wishful thinking, and utter frustration expressed by the Dell and HP...
Best wishes for a quick recovery, Steve. The world still needs you.
A click wheel-based device and an on-screen menu could work. You wouldn't have to look at the remote control at all.
I totally agree. This notion of TV as a digital hub makes no sense in 2011. TV by its nature is something that is shared between people. Only one channel can be watched at a time, and there's no privacy much of the time. There's clearly a place for TV as a key part of our of entertainment lives at home. However, today's reality is increasingly about customized options. These options are based on devices that are owned by individuals. So the family may gather around the TV...
HP may be too far behind to be a major player. However, that's not necessarily the case, especially from a more long-term perspective. Perhaps fragmentation in the Android wold will slow the growth of that platform. That could be an opportunity for a company like HP, that controls both the software and the hardware (Apple's model), and can therefore limit fragmentation.