or Connect

Posts by Brometheus

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing. If iBooks is such an important app, why make people go searching for it? If iBooks were somehow an integral part of the iPhone OS instead of just being an app, I could understand why it's not bundled. Apple may want to reserve the option of just updating iBooks without updating the entire OS; but I don't think that iBooks is an integral part of the iPhone OS. Maybe it's a preemptive attempt to avoid being criticized...
It's really interesting to read the reactions to the demo; some of them quite negative. A very important issue to consider is that the video clip does not in any way give us a good sense of what it's like to read a magazine like this on an iPad. This was a video clip, which makes everything look way more dynamic than it would be if you actually read the magazine. So I reserve judgement about how this style would work with a device that you hold in your lap and flip...
My thoughts exactly (well, except for the Danish furniture part; didn't think of that). It's finally beginning to dawn on people why Steve Jobs' comment that this is the greatest thing he's ever done might be close to the truth. The iPad's potential is so obvious to those of us who get it. It's also equally obvious why the iPhone OS is ideal for this device. The 4:3 dimensions and the extra wide bezel will also prove to be smart choices. Why can't the rest of the world...
Over a million downloads of a free app is not necessarily all that impressive. You should expect a free app to be downloaded a lot. Over a million copies of an app that costs almost $100 in a week; now that would be really impressive.
Well said, especially the first point. Expect multitasking in OS 4.0
Phew, I'm so glad all the pre-release hype is finally over. I got caught up in all of the rumors and foolishly expected a product that would change the course of life on earth. There's no way this device could have come close to meeting all of the unrealistic expectations. As a device that functions somewhere between a laptop and an iphone/iPod touch, of course it will not have the same features as a laptop (especially at its price point). So now that my sanity has...
Let's try something totally different. How about "Jubilee"? (heads move away from computer screens, eyebrows arch, eyes dart to the side, smirks start to form). Okay, I admit it's a stretch. So where did the name "macintosh" come from? Well, it's a variety of apple. Jubilee is also a type of apple. It is described as "Multi-use apple. Medium to large fruit, yellow overspread with deep red. Firm, crisp, juicy flesh. Juicy, subacid flavor." The tablet would be a...
Very interesting. It makes sense for a company called "IP Application Development" to register "IPAD". It's also one of the most boringly generic names imaginable for a company, so it may only exist as an excuse for registering the name IPAD. It's interesting that Apple waited this long, risking someone else registering the name first. Perhaps they did not want to tip their hand, given the rumor frenzy, until very close to the formal unveiling. Very interesting. The...
January 27 is my birthday. I have a feeling it will be one of the most memorable in years. Hopefully my heart rate will slow down before next Wednesday; otherwise I might collapse. How do I do that? Every day there's another rumor, and now we know something's coming. Damn! I may die before my next birthday, no chance to see the multicolored creation...
I agree that Apple TV is definitely a niche product and the AirPort routers have made limited penetration into the router market. However, as someone in that niche, I must say that I am quite happy with my Apple TV and the performance of my AirPort Extreme router. I want more from the Apple TV, though; I don't think that it's anywhere close to reaching its potential. I really don't think that Apple is done with developing Apple TV. I can't imagine Apple not wanting a...